edited March 11 in Announcements
ORK 3.17 is here!

This update brings 58 new features, changes and fixes - e.g. new features for status effects and passive abilities, global scene IDs (e.g. for unique item/combatant spawns across all scenes) and new schematic nodes.
See the release notes for all details.

Makinom 2.15.3 is here!

This small update adds a few new schematic nodes that can be used to e.g. get the path points of a NavMesh agent's path and set them on a line renderer to visualize the path.
See the release notes for all details.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome release. Everything I've tested works perfect!
    Thank you!
  • Thank you for adding the phase start/end settings for status effects that I had mentioned before, it is very much appreciated.

However, I'm having a slight issue with it in my limited testing. Phase End seems to work perfectly when used for either the End After setting or the Use On setting. Phase Start, on the other hand, does not work at all for either of those settings. The remaining turns don't ever tick down, even when trying all the Any Phase or User/Target Phase settings, nor does the status ever trigger when using Phase Start as the Use On setting. I'm definitely using Phase battles, the ORK Handler object during runtime says that I am at least. My schematic under Combatants > Factions > Player > Phase Start Schematic runs every phase, so it does seem to be triggering new phases correctly.

If everything is working on your end, maybe I'm doing something silly, but I can't imagine what.

I could get the statuses to trigger when using the Use On > Custom setting and then triggering it from that Phase Start Schematic I mentioned. Thanks for that as well, by the way. I didn't actually think you would add something like that, but from my very very limited testing of it (just what I mentioned) it seems to work as intended. We do some weird things with statuses in our game, so I think it'll come in handy.
  • @rrldev
    Did a quick test with Any Phase (both end after/duration and use on setup) and it works fine on my end. I'd need more details on your setup (both status effect and probably also your phase battle system).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for another awesome patch! :)
  • @gamingislove
    Well, I'm out of ideas. I changed all sorts of settings trying to get End After: Phase Start status effects to tick down or remove properly, but nothing worked.

As a final attempt, I redownloaded the 3D RPG Playground project, which I noticed you updated to ORK 3.17.0, and tried testing it with that. I simply changed the default battle system to Phase, added a new status effect that does nothing, changed its End After setting to Phase Start and the duration to 2 turns, and then saved and hit play. I walked forward to the first battle, then I manually added the status effect through the inspector to the Warrior and kept skipping turns to progress through the phases. The duration never went down and the status effect never got removed. I tried changing it to Phase End after that and tested it again, and it worked just fine. It was removed after 2 phases. This was on Unity 2020.3.0f1, but my actual project where I was getting the problem originally is on Unity 2022.3.14f1.

At this point, I can't think of what it could possibly be, considering I just used the sample project and not my own. Maybe some global Unity setting I use or something like that? That doesn't make much sense to me, but unfortunately nothing else does either. Maybe I'll try installing a fresh copy of the latest Unity as one last attempt.

Sorry, I don't want to waste too much of your time with this. I believe you it's working on your end. If no one else brings it up as an issue, then it really has to be something on my end. I'm not sure I even want to spend anymore time with it, since I can sort of do the same thing with the "Custom" setting I mentioned in my previous post, though if you have any other ideas let me know even still. Thanks for looking into it regardless, and thanks again for the update.
  • Thanks GiL,

awesome work as always. Glad to see another patch!
    Cheers
  • @rrldev
    Seems to be related to the Auto Start Turn setting in the phase battle system settings. If it's not set to Phase Start the effect isn't working. I'll fix this in the next update.
  • @gamingislove
    Oh OK. I'm glad it's (hopefully) all figured out. I'll try it out again whenever the next update comes. I thought I was going crazy for bit there. Thanks again for all the updates and bug fixes.
  • @gamingislove Multi Turn UI list is working exactly was I wanting now, thank you very much :)