Hey.
I am trying to setup a Menu Screen for a combined inventory and stats display that therefore contains a bunch of different menu parts. My problem is that I would like to control the layout of these dynamically.

Each part of the Menu Screen is a UI Box which is then separate prefabs that are instantiated and put as child of the layer it is assigned to.
However I would like to have the boxes dynamically resize and position based on each other and have a background that adjusts to this. To do this I would like to have one parent prefab for the whole Menu Screen that then contains the boxes at different points in its hierarchy so that I can dynamically control position and size of each box based on the sizes of other boxes and control the size of the background using Unity UI's layout components.

How can I achieve this using ORK 3 and Makinom 2? I cannot find any way to either have a single prefab for the whole Menu Screen or have a master prefab into which the boxes prefabs a placed.

Regards Soren
  • edited March 14
    Hm, either use the UI Layouts you can set up in ORK/Makinom (can be used by your menu screens wherever you define a UI box), or use Canvas Prefab on one of your UI layers with layout components added to it (i.e. everything added to the layer would be handled by them).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!