edited March 12 in ORK Support
The Change Class (single) node does not appear to be correctly setting the new status value starting points for the new class chosen. All items are checked (Unequip All, Forget Old Abilities, Learn Abilities, Reset Class Level, Remove Old Bonuses, Get New Bonuses) I think the Start Value in Status Value Settings are not being added and the Start Value in the Status Value in Status Developments are not being added either.

In my character creation dialogue the Change Class (single) node is used to change the combatant's class from a default class the combatant originally had to the new class that was chose. If the default party is used without changing their classes the status values are correct for all the classes. If a new class is chosen some of the starting status values appear to be lost. They are different than if the class was on the combatant originally and not changed.

For my default party the combatants are already set up in ORK so there are no class changes. The starting status values are correct for the class used on those combatants. If custom characters are used then I change the class on the member combatant with Change Class (single) to the chosen class. The result should be the same as if the combatant was setup with that class in ORK.

Post edited by Socrates422 on
  • Are the status values set up in the class as status development (i.e. class levels) or as status bonuses?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • They are set up in Value Development (under Status Developments). I'm using class levels only.
  • Did some tests and seems to be working fine on my end.
    Both changing class immediately after joining group or later (e.g. via an NPC) seem to be working correctly.

Might be something specific to your setup, so I'd need a Unity test project to check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for looking into it, but my project is currently over 300 GB.

I can work around this on my end. I don't use class changes except during the character creation (if a custom party is chosen). In that case, I take a default combatant and change it to what choices are made during creation. The default combatants work as expected if their class is not changed. I can create default combatants for each class in ORK and modify the other data needed.
  • I can do some more tests if you post the setup of the 2 classes and their status development.
  • I did additional testing this weekend and found that my status values were actually incorrect on my default classes too. I added the Initialize to Level node at the end of my character customization and it appears to have corrected the problem. The status values appear to be correct in all cases now.

Sorry to use your time on something that was wrong on my end. Thank you for your help. I very much appreciate it!