edited March 14 in ORK Support
I'm doing a custom menu screen with a custom layout.

I started doing my own menu part with all the information together, but I realized that I'm reimplementing parts that are already available, e.g. the talents section is really an Ability part, the stats and elements are Button List parts. It would be great if I can split my menu screen into multiple parts and only code what I need.

However, I realized that there isn't an easy way to put them in the same custom layout. I'd like to specify where each part is on the screen, e.g. the Combatant info part should be in a vertical layout together with the Status Value distribution part and a Button List part for the status values, with flexible spacing objects in-between. This doesn't look like something I can do with the existing Layout system in Makinom.

That is, I'd like to define exactly what the parts hierarchy should look like, perhaps by providing a prefab with the layout configured, and then make each menu part parent its box to a child of that prefab.

What's the easiest way to handle this? Could this perhaps be done with a custom before-open schematic? Would this break control navigation (it doesn't look like I can navigate to another menu part without at least focusing on it using the mouse)? Or maybe a custom layout (but layout doesn't seem to have access to the object hierarchy directly)?
Post edited by Flying_Banana on
  • You could use UI layouts (e.g. List layout type with Vertical list fill) for the left and right side of the book to arrange different UI boxes (e.g. without a box graphic, using a UI background in the menu screen instead).

Alternatively, set up a UI layer for the menu screen that uses a Canvas Prefab with whatever layout components you want to arrange stuff on it.

Navigation can be a bit tricky, though. There is no navigation across multiple UI boxes, but a menu screen can set up input keys to switch between the parts.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!