You get Documentation with the kit when you buy it in the Unity Asset Store--so a lot of what am saying here is from that documentation--then some things are from my personal use of getting it to work well with ORK, which is not hard.

You don't need to be a programmer to get it to work nor do you need to write any scripts unless you want to do some special stuff and then you will need gil's help on how to integrate what you want to do with KGF and ORK.

Drop the KGFMapSystem Prefab into your scene--you're going to do this for all your scenes.

Add a new layer to Unity by pressing Layers->Edit Layers in the upper right corner of the unity3d editor, choose an unused layer and name it mapsystem.

Make sure the layer of your KGFMapSystem Prefab is mapsystem.

Drag your Player prefab to the slot itsTarget in the KGFMapSystemPrefab Script. This will cause the map's camera to follow your player.

You can change the little map size there and the big map size there and can experiment.

(MAKE SURE IT'S RENDER LAYER is set to "Everything". Otherwise you will possibly see a black map.)

Make sure your player's camera is not rendering the map system layer.

Drag and drop the KGFMapSystem/prefabs/mapicons_samples/KGFMapIcon_player prefab onto your player prefab. Make sure its transform values are set to 0.

Make sure your player is tagged Player.

There are similar KGFMapIcons you can make a child of objects in the scene, like friendly Npc's or enemies or even frenemies. : )

If you want to use FOG of War, make sure you enable it in the KGFMapSystemPrefab and on the KGFMapSystem/prefab/manpixons_samples/KGFMapicon_player prefab which is attached to your player.

In the KFGMapSystemPrefab Script I use a pixel per meter setting of 5.

You can hide the map and show it -- the script to do that is in the demo script. But you will need gil's help to do that as you have to know how to plug that script into ORK.

If you need to know the exact script to do that in KGF you can pm me but I can only give you kolmich's script to show and hide the map. Haven't tried to do this so don't know how to integrate it into ORK. Only one person here knows what ORK script you need to access and how. : )

So for example, if you want to hide the map when you're in a battle area--you need to reference the ORK script that calls enter the battle area so you can put your script to hide the map there and you need to know how to access the script to leave the battle area so you can put the script to show the map there.

If you want to save the pics the system takes so your player will be able to see where they've been before, you'll need to know how you can put that script to remember the pics in ORK's scene changing script.

The system comes with some nice skins you can change and you can customize it to show your own skins.

Post edited by Catacomber on