edited September 2014 in ORK Support
Forgive my ignorance as I attempt to understand the mechanics of the system. I am currently going through the tutorial and have arrived at lesson 24 (I believe). Where we create the Battle Event. There is a node to calculate whether a hit occurs. So going back to our Hit Chance formula (assume user DEX =1, target AGI = 1, and level Factor is 1) we have a Hit Chance of 75. If the user DEX is changed to 2, that chance is now 150. If we assume user DEX = 1 and target AGI = 2, then that chance is 37.5. So my question is what is being compared in the calculate chance node? ??? vs. Hit Chance.
  • The Check Chance node (and Chance Fork) will calculate a selected formula and do a chance check on the result.

The Hit Chance of abilities will be calculated when doing damage with the Calculate step in battle events (or when using damage dealers/zones).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So what is the system "rolling", chance-wise, to determine a success vs a 75? Is is a standard d% check? How does that work when the hit chance exceeds 100?
  • The system will by default create a chance value between 0 to 100, but this can be changed in Game > Game Settings.

If your formula's result exceeds the maximum chance (e.g. 100), the check will always result in being valid, since the chance is greater than 100 %.

Basically, if the randomly created chance value is below or equal the chance/formula you're checking with, the result is valid.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!