• Yummy! Looking forward to moving to interactions and the cursor changes
    I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • Small addition to the new Selected Data feature - you'll be able to have different selected data by using a Selected Key to identify them (like with found/global objects). E.g. the ability or item that use the battle events will be available through the action key by default and can be used through that key in the formulas as well. If you want to also add custom equipment bonuses (e.g. using float variables attached to equipment), you can just get all the user's equipment and store it in a selected data (e.g. equipment) to be used in the formula - or just add it to the action selected data.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That is fantastic; I'm gonna have to rewrite a ton of my systems to be much cleaner and easier to handle using this.

Oh dang, is there any way to apply that cursor method to the standard menu cursors? I've been wanting an animated cursor for ages :O
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited February 2016
    Alright people - release will be tomorrow, bringing a multitude of new stuff and new steps and changes to make use of the Selected Data feature, e.g.:
    • Ability Development
      The new Ability Development sub-section in the Status section allows creating reusable ability development settings, which can be used by classes and combatants.
      An ability development defines abilities that are learnt at specific base/class levels by a combatant. You'll be able to turn your class/combatant ability development settings into reusable settings through a button :)
    • Input Keys
      The new Axis Factor and Limit Axis settings allow more control over the axis value of input keys.
      E.g. you can limit the axis to only posibive numbers between 0 and 1, or multiply the input axis by 2.
    • Scene Loading
      All settings related to loading scenes (e.g. scene changers, main menu scene changes, etc.) have new settings to load the scene additive and asynchronously.
    • GUI Boxes: Vertical Alignment
      There are new Vertical Alignment settings for the content box (replacing the Center Position setting), name box, choice (title, content, info) and tabs.
      You can automatically align the content to the Top, Middle or Bottom of the available content area.
      E.g. when using a defined choice height, you can use this to display the content of the choice in the center (Middle) of the button.
      The ok/cancel buttons in the Menu Settings (and GUI box overrides) also have Vertical Alignment settings.
    • Event System: Objects
      The new Selected Data selection in object selection fields uses game objects (or combatants) stored in selected data.
    • Event System
      The Actor field has been replaced by object selection fields in most steps, allowing to use other game objects (or combatants) that aren't actors (e.g. found/global objects or selected data).
    • Event System: Clear Selected Data
      The new Clear Selected Data step will remove the selected data of a defined key or all selected data of the event.
    • Event System: Select Game Object
      The new Select Game Object step uses game objects as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Combatant
      The new Select Combatant step uses combatants as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Ability
      The new Select Ability step uses abilities of combatants or a newly created ability as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Base Attack
      The new Select Base Attack step uses base attacks of combatants as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Counter Attack
      The new Select Counter Attack step uses counter attacks of combatants as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Equipment
      The new Select Equipment step uses the equipment currently equipped on combatants as selected data.
    • Event System: Select Items
      The new Select Items step uses items from the inventory of combatants or newly created items as selected data.
    • Event System: Change Equip Status Value
      The new Change Equip Status Value step changes the status value bonus of equipment currently stored in selected data.
      This doesn't trigger recalculation of the wearers status (i.e. the change wont take affect until the wearer's status is recalculated).
    • Event System: Reset Combatant Status
      The new Reset Combatant Status step recalculates the status values and bonuses of a combatant.
      E.g. use this after changing status value bonuses on equipment that the combatant currently has equipped.
    • Event System: Add To Inventory, Remove From Inventory, Has In Inventory
      Optionally use items stored in selected data.
    • Event System: Learn Ability, Forget Ability, Add Temporary Ability, Remove Temporary Ability, Block Ability Reuse
      Optionally use abilities stored in selected data.
    Possible use cases for the Selected Data feature with the new steps:
    - an upgrade/blacksmith NPC that can improve your equipment's status bonuses
    - adding damage bonuses to an ability's damage formula by adding passive abilities and equipment of a combatant to the selected data
    - improving healing potions by adding a heal bonus to their variables and using that in the potion's formula
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looking fantastic. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • ORK Framework 2.7.0 is here: release notes

Learn more about the new Selected Data feature in this how-to, or see it in action in this gameplay tutorial.
  • Wow! Update and a new tutorial! Looks pretty good @gamingislove ! thx!
  • @gamingislove, Move To Interaction works great! It's nice to be able to get all of that movement-related code out of my events.

Would it be possible to add a setting to block the Move AI of the event object while the player is navigating to the interaction? Otherwise it doesn't work with NPCs unless they're standing still.
  • OMG this is very big update!
    Thank you GIL.
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • Great stuff!!!!!