When I walk over to a character to interact with them in order to initiate a dialogue, if my player is too close to them they fall over and roll away. I have no idea why this would be the case. What can be done about it?
  • i would suggest checking the events to see if there is any animations that will cause this. not if is not animation based the best thing is to give a screenshot of the event or a video of the glitch so we can get a better understanding of the issue.
  • Sounds like the capsule colliders on your characters may be too wide and that the characters are set up as RigidBodies.

Try reducing the diameter of the colliders and set the RigidBody components to Kinematic.
  • Yeah, sounds like you're doing some collission/rigidbody stuff that pushes your game objects around. Try using the restraint settings to block rotation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks. It seems that setting them to Kinematic does the trick!
    Post edited by Whatexists on