In my turn-based game, I've added a Turn Order HUD. I'd like those HUD elements to be on a background with a title. Is there an integrated way to do that? Or do I just have to create the background/title separately and manually align them?

Thx :)
  • The turn order HUD consists of multiple individual instances for each combatant/place in the list. So, the turn order HUD itself has no overall background available, but you can e.g. use an Information type HUD to add one and display it alongside the turn order HUD via the display conditions (e.g. game state In Battle being active).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, cool - thx for the reply... :)
  • Hmm, so trying out exactly what you suggested - I can only get it to work if I disable the Ork HUD Text Content component on the Status Content object of my Information HUD. Is that normal?
  • edited October 2022
    Depends on your setup - you don't need to have any content components on the HUD at all. Just a HUD component at the root is enough.

Content components can cause game objects to be disabled if they have no content (or no matching content) available.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!