GiL,

I am trying to see if I can allow for the speed stat for each combatant determine the window for timed attack and timed defense.

My understanding is that this would be handled by the battle events used to animate your actions (e.g. the attack ability).

The mechanic would be added using input nodes, e.g. the Wait For Input node, and continuing with the action as needed (e.g. input pressed in time - play the blocking animations and perform a counter action, etc).

But is it possible to give bigger window or smaller windows of time that allow the timed defense or timed attack to be triggered based on how high or low the stat on speed is?
  • Should be possible - in ORK 2 you can e.g. use a formula to get the status value as part of a calculation (Formula To Variable node) or directly store it's value into a variable (Status Value To Variable node).
    E.g. store it into a local variable and you can use it for wait times in other nodes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What about having the speed stat only increase the meter if it exceeds the enemy?

Also you mentioned ork 2, I’m on ork 3, does that change anything?
  • Ah, sorry, you mentioned battle events, so I assumed it's ORK 2 :)
    In ORK 3 you can directly use a status value in value selection fields, but the other methods are still valid.

You can do whatever check you want on the speed stat, e.g. comparing it to another combatant's value via a Check Value node using the status value of the combatants as values.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, that was my fault!

Amazing!! Thank you!
  • As we are targeting mobile;

There is a schematic node "Wait For Input" which waits for key-input only.
    How can I make something wait for TAP or BUTTON press ;
    [In schematics]
  • You can either add virtual controls via control HUDs (see this example tutorial) or e.g. set up an input key with Mouse or Touch input origin.

Another alternative would be using Custom input origin or writing an extension (e.g. like this one for Unity input actions) for input keys to hook up 3rd party or custom touch/swipe controls.