I know that Collider Machines require a Collision 2D component to work, however if I simply want to activate a schematic by having a player walk onto an area, with no collider to impede the player's progress, what's the simplest way to achieve this?
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • Well ... the only way for something like this is using a trigger or collider machine, both involving colliders. Otherwise there's no way to know when the player is in the area.
    Usually for something like this you'd use a Trigger Machine that starts when the player enters the trigger (i.e. collider with Is Trigger enabled).

The only alternative is having e.g. a Tick Machine constantly run and check the distance to the player before doing whatever you want to do.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Aha! I didn't put that together, and didn't think to use a Trigger Machine. Sorry for the stupid question! Thanks, GiL!
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.