Hi, i've made a 'Burning' status effect that last 2 turns and apply a target HP change at turnStart.
How can i make the damage(value) it deals use the User 'MagicalPower' Status Value ?
  • Your status change's Change Value setting can do that directly via the Combatant > Status Value type. Just select the status value you want - the User game object is the combatant who cast the effect on the target, the Target is the combatant that has the effect applied.

Alternatively, you can use a formula in case you want to do something more complex :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2023
    Thanks GiL,
    i had a Modifier Attack wrongly set up so my damage was always 0.

A) Do you have any idea why for my HP [Status Values > HP > UI settings > Flying Texts > Attribute Source Content] the attribute icon shows when HP is decreasing but not when increasing ?
    (i have the exact same settings for refresh and for damage)
    (i test it with one ability that does damage to ennemy and heal ally)

B) Also i have an HUD where i have my Status Value listed, but i can't find how to show them like this :
    StatusValueName StatusValueValue +/-StatusValueBonuses

eg: (with a Status effect that gives +100% STR & -50% INT)
    Strenght 80 +80
    Intelligence 70 -35
    Agility 40
    Dexterity 35

I've tried with a Status Value Bonus List HUD but nothing shows.
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • C) I'd like to create a Status Effect that modify the damage based on the ability type used.
    Eg: Heal for 10% of physical damage received
    Increase any physical damage abilities by 50%

i think i should use attack modifiers but i'm not getting anywhere...
  • A) Most likely because your healing/increase doesn't use an attack modifier attribute.
    I.e. it uses the Source Contet or regular Content setup.

B) I don't think that's possible. While you can show the base value via < valuebase> (without space after '<'), there is no separate bonus value text code available.
    I've added it to my to-do list :)

C) While status bonuses can give <i>Status Value Change Modifiers to generally adjust status value changes on a combatant (e.g. give healing a general bonus), there's no way to do that automatically for specific abilities or ability types.
    That's something that needs to be handled via the ability's status change setup, e.g. using a formula that checks for the status effect (or the efficiency setting using a formula checking for that).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • A) it's not that, my ability has the same attack modifier attribute for each target changes.

B) awesome

C) in an ability, are target changes applied in order ? (eg : target change 0 then target change 1 then target change 2 ... )
    because if it is i can't make it work.
    i have an ability with :
    target change 0 = trigger a status effect to target (status effect gives counter=100)
    target change 1 = damage to hp
    so the target should counter but he doesn't (but he will counter next damaging ability)
  • D) Also, is it possible to use the Target of an ability in a schematic ?
    I tried using Target_Base and Target_Center but it didn't work.
  • A) Hm, can you show me your setup (both flying text and ability status changes)?

C) Yes, the changes are made in the order they are defined.
    I.e. target change 0 > status change 0, target change 0 > status change 1, target change 1 > status change 0, etc.
    Counter would be calculated after all target changes, though. The issue is that the status effect being applied doesn't immediately add those status changes, as there's a 1 frame delay on the status recalculation to get all status changes combined (bad performance otherwise). One way around taht would be to have the counter chance use a formula that e.g. checks for such a counter effect being applied and give 100% chance in that case.

D) Depends on which schematic. The ability's schematics have access to them, naturally (that's where those actor types can be used, as stated in the help text for Actor Type).
    Outside of an action's schematic, you can use selected data to achieve this. E.g. using a Select Combatant node, you can get the Last Target of a combatant.
    Alternatively, you can also store the target(s) of an action into global selected data at the start of an action to have the latest targets available everywhere (also using Select Combatant node).
  • edited October 2023
    A) 2 left columns are the HP status value Flying text settings (refresh & damage).
    2 rights columns are the ability's target changes
    FERGRTGTR

C) Where should i configure the counter chance to use a formula ?
    As far as i'm aware you can't access/change Status Bonuses in Formula or Schematics.

D) i think i set smthg wrong. The target's HP should gets +999 but nothing happens.
    gtrgerger
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • edited November 2023
    A) Hm, I'll do some tests.
    Edit: Yep, it's a bug, will be fixed in the next update :)

C) Base counter chance is defined in Battles > Battle Systems > General Settings.
    The formula just needs to check for that status effect, i.e. using a Check Status node and change the result based on that (e.g. Value node setting to 100).
    Since counter is checked after the target changes, the effect is applied at that point and the formula can check for it.

D) Yeah, Individual Target is something different.
    You just need to use the Combatant combatant origin and the Starting Object object - i.e. this uses the target of the action when used in the battle action#s schematic.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank Gil,
    Everything worked