Hellow,

I'd like to set up a Status Effect that :
- prevent the user to die while it's applied.
- is auto applied when user HP =1

Any idea how i could do that ?
I tried things in HP status Value like setting up a 999 shield with HP=1 conditions but to no avail.
  • Status effects can do this via the Block Status Value status change type.
    This allows you to either block all changes, or only positive or negative changes.

Auto apply can be handled by the status effect's Auto Apply Settings with a status condition checking your health status value being equal 1.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried but i still die.
    The Status Effect does auto-apply though. But only when 'real value' is check which is weird since i set up the Status Effect > Status Condition to 'display Value'

vsgbrnnhfdnhf
  • Well, that setup only works if the combatant's health is exactly 1, so it doesn't kick in if an attack kills the combatant. For such a case, you'd need to use Change Schematics on your status values (combatants can also set up custom change schematics in their schematic settings).

The change schematic can check the status value's current value and change it again according to that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2023
    i'm still dying :/

Status Value > Change Schematic :
    rebrtbrtrtbhver
    Schematic used : (i've tried with current value it changes nothing)
    trbezerbfbfe
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • The combatant might already be recognized as dead, try adding a Revive node as well. And maybe check in the death schematic if health is greater than 0 and use a Cancel Death node in that case.
  • I think i know why it didn't work.

Status Value > Change Schematics are applied BEFORE the Ability> Battle animation
    So HP value was checked before calculating damage.

And i made it work with what you said before :
    "Status effects can do this via the Block Status Value status change type.
    This allows you to either block all changes, or only positive or negative changes."

But i needed to add a Status Value change : set to 1
  • The change schematics are used on status value changes. So, for abilities, whenever a status change is calculated that involves the status value.