edited November 2023 in ORK Support
Hi,

In my Abilities>BattleAnimation i've set up a schematic were i use Ability Variables to set up the number of times the calculation node should loop.

My issue is Ability Variables seems to be generated once and not at each action. So my Random Int Variable is always the same.

Is there an easy way around this ? Or maybe a better way to easily configure on each Ability the Hit Count ?
Post edited by kiwi on
  • Ability variables are bound to the instance of the ability, so they are used on creation of that instance (e.g. combatant learns the ability) and level up of the ability uses the new level's variable changes.

You'd simply set a random value as a local variable in your schematic instead of using an ability variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh ok,

What i did is i made 2 Ability Variables :
    - one for min hitcount
    - one for max hitcount
    And in the schematic i set a random local var based on this 2 ability variables.

i find it way easier to be able to change abilities settings directly in the editor instead of having to open the abiliy specific schematic each time (but maybe i'm wrong since i'm still a beginner with ORK) :p
  • edited November 2023
    Ah, yeah, that's fine - I thought you use a setup where you have a random variable set up in the ability itself. That'd only be set once. As long as you generate the random value as part of your ability's schematics that should work.

Can you show me the random local variable's setup? Access to the ability variables should be done via Selected Data variable origin for local selected data and key action in the schematic used by the ability (or formulas used by the ability/schematic).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No i mean, what i did (use 2 Ability Variables) works fine for now, i just wanted to let you know in case i shouldn't do it this way.
    Sorry if it was misleading.
    Thank GiL.