How do I display the influence range of skills and items in the HUD
  • There are no built-in text codes or HUD functionality for that.
    You could e.g. use Custom Content on your abilities and items to add that information and use the custom content text codes in your HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My idea is to display a mask of the scope of the skill's influence on the HUD.

What does it mean to add a picture of the scope of the skill's influence to the tooltip HUD?
  • In grid warfare, how to get the orientation of the combatant is forward or rear?

I can't find this node, there's a node for orientation between the user and the target, okay?

I want to make a backstab class skill,

Only when the victim is facing away from the attacker, the ability will increase some damage, otherwise it is normal damage.
  • edited November 2023
    churan said: What does it mean to add a picture of the scope of the skill's influence to the tooltip HUD?
    Can be done the same way - the image (sprite) can be added via TextMesh Pro icons/sprites. The tutorials have a bit of information on how to create TMP sprite assets, but I'd recommend to check out the TMP documentation as well.
    Alternatively, HUDs can manage showing different images via HUD Condition components, e.g. turning on/off images based on an ability variable or something like that.
    churan said: In grid warfare, how to get the orientation of the combatant is forward or rear?
    There are the Check Orientation and Orientation Fork nodes for that available in schematics. Formulas also have the Check Orientation node so you can directly impact the damage calculation. So, just check if the target is facing back to the user.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How to update the current round fighter's grid movement range

For example, in the current turn, the movement range of the combatant is 2,

After I use a status effect, the value of the range of movement is changed to 5,

However, the move Range will not be updated this round.

How can this round also be updated?
  • Move range is set at the start of the combatant's turn, so a status effect applied during the turn doesn't instantly increase the range.
    You can use the Change Grid Move Range node in a schematic with Exceed Max Range enabled to increase the range during the turn. E.g. either as part of the schematic of the ability, or as a schematic used by the status effect.
  • So far all the problems have been solved perfectly.

Thank you gamingislove