I got some great help on the Discord, but it doesn't want to seem to work no matter what kind of interaction machine I set up. Basically, I want a simple teleport where the player walks in a field and teleports in an instant to a different place in the same scene.

• The Auto movement component might not be the best choice (Change Position node), depending on how your player's prefab (or the game object you try to place somewhere) is set up.

E.g. if a NavMesh agent is involved but also rigidbody or character controller are there, Auto could use the wrong thing to move and the agent not being updated. In that case, use the Nav Mesh Agent movement component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, that didn't work either, so it looks like I have to do this:
    In that case, use the Nav Mesh Agent movement component.
    How do I use this? NavMesh Warp?
  • edited December 2023
    How are you moving your characters?

I think what he means in what you quoted "use the Nav Mesh Agent movement component" is on the change position node in your screenshot, the Move Component drop down menu is set to auto. If you are using navmesh to move character, change that to nav mesh agent or to whatever you're using so that auto doesn't choose the wrong one
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • Right, that's the first thing I tried but no go, unfortunately.
  • The schematic is running though? I have mine set up using an actor for Battle Group (player) but I didn't think it matters, and otherwise is the exact same as yours, using Find and everything.

Just a thought on troubleshooting, if you swap starting object and the Find Actor does the portal move to the player? (with Auto not navmesh since portal doesn't have a nav mesh agent)
  • If you're moving the player, you might want to block player controls during position changes - otherwise that might interfere with it (same as camera controls can interfere with camera changes).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No go. Unfortunately getting the same error, unless I'm doing it incorrectly. Here's a video with an example, and yes, it does the same thing even without that funny roll.

https://imgur.com/a/LxrWYMP
  • Yeah, that looks like a NavMesh issue, placing the combatant at the closest position on it's mesh.
    Can you show the whole schematic that's handling the teleport? Or send a test project to check out :)