edited February 20 in ORK Support
I switched to URP rendering, and it appears the cameras operate off of a different base/overlay framework than the default package, so as you can see, the screen space camera UI elements I previously had set up no longer work.

On both screens, the left viewport is the game view; I'm pressing the menu button and nothing seems to happen on both screens, the right viewport shows the scene view with the menu elements doing as they should. for reference that's how it should look like on the game view (and what it did look like before I upgraded to URP)

The 2nd attached image includes all of the game objects in the UI elements that are active/inactive with the menu button pressed. The Menu Background (the shrimp pattern on the background) and the Screen Space Camera (the menu elements that pop up) are the UI Layers utilized/activated.

It was recommended to me that it might be a Camera Stacking issue, as Camera Stacking is necessary when you're using multiple cameras, which yeah, that makes sense. However, it looks like the actual gameobjects that need to be stacked don't get instantiated until you actually press the menu button, which could be the source of this issue as well.

Post edited by FeldFour on
  • Are your screen space camera things set up as part of UI layers? In that case they'd be created when ORK/Makinom is initialized.
    If they are part of individual UI elements (e.g. UI box, HUDs), that'd only be created or enabled when actually used ...

In any case, not that familiar with URP's camera stack stuff, but I'd assume you need a small script that adds the camera to the stack (or moves it to the correct position in the stack) whenever it's created or enabled (so probably doing this in an OnEnable function of a component).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The script option was something that was suggested to me before. Unfortunately I'm not quite skilled enough at scripting to create such a script.

Given the ubiquitousness of the URP pipeline (I'm not sure if they're actually planning to depreciate the standard rendering entirely) would it be too much trouble to request/commission a wrapper for Ork for this functionality? I bet it would definitely be useful for a lot of people.
  • If you send me a test project I can look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Will do. Thank you!