• I think I found a bug with the shops in the latest version. The game doesn't restore control to character on exiting shop. This only happens when hitting the exit button. If I use the cancel button on the keyboard then control is restored just fine. I tried with both my custom controller and a standard ORK controller and with both the character controls remained blocked after using the exit button. When opening the shop through an event and using the exit button it doesnt make it to the bought anything/didn't buy anything dialog. It just hangs there. Has this happened to anyone else or did I just mess something up?
  • @RunawayDev
    I'll need some more details on your settings, or send me your ORK project file (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) to contact@orkframework.com.
    On doing a quick test, that didn't happen to me :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok cool, I'll send you my project file. Thanks!
  • Hunting Conditions for status effects don't seem to do anything. I tried setting a condition to check that a status effect is not applied, and when I apply said status effect the AI still hunts my player.
  • If the enemy already started hunting the player, he wont recheck the conditions.
    Otherwise I'll need some details on your settings (hunting conditions), e.g. Conditions Needed, is there more than one condition, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Right now the setup is very simple. I have only a single status effect called Hide in the hunting conditions. I apply it to my player while far away from the enemy, before he is in range to hunt me (though I am already in the Real Time battle arena since it's the whole scene). I do not tick the 'Is Applied' box in the Hunting condition since I want him to hunt when the effect is not applied. I go up to the enemy, and he begins to hunt me.

I tried also ticking the Is Applied box, and changing the conditions to 'One' and 'All' even though there is only one condition :P

The one thing I can think of is that perhaps (again) I misunderstand the feature, and it is intended for only for conditions that are on the hunter, rather than on the hunted. In that case, may I kindly request conditions that apply to the hunted? :)
  • edited March 2014
    Just did a quick test and it's working on my end - are you sure the status effect is applied?
    You can check it easily by selecting your player combatant's object while running the game - the inspector will display information on his status (e.g. status values, equipment, effects).
    Of course, the conditions are checked for the hunted :)

Edit: ok - real time area is a different thing.
    When you're already in battle, the enemy doesn't hunt you because of the move AI, but because he's set to be aggressive and attacks the player when in range.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Oh I see. Given this setup, how can I accomplish what I want? I'm thinking via battle AI but the current AI has no blocks other than the End AI block, so it goes from start to end immediately, and yet he still manages to chase me down and attack me with his base attack :) I guess that's a bit unclear for me.
  • If the battle AI doesn't find an action to use, the combatants will always use the base attack as a fallback.
    If you want them to do nothing, you need to fire a None action step :)
  • Ah I see, I guess I'm a bit confused about how battle AI and move AI interact. I now added a None block to his battle AI (the only other block other than the default one) and now he won't chase me at all no matter what, even though the move AI is still active.

What I thought happened would be this: Move AI controls his movements, battle AI controls his battle actions. But it seems battle AI can make him move, or stop his movements too :) Ok, it seems like I need to play with this stuff more and try to get a better handle on battle AI vs Move AI. I'll do that later today and see if I can't figure it out. Thanks!
  • The battle AI will only tell the combatant what actions to use in battle - e.g. using an attack. If the battle AI fired an attack, the combatant will move to the target.
    The move AI is more designed for non-battle, to allow enemies in the field to hunt the player and start a battle. But you can also use it in battles if you've enabled it in the battle system's settings.
  • Heya GiL;

Just noticed this issue; not sure if it's new or not, here's a video of the problem:

http://spacejunkarlia.com/zoop/menu_bug.mp4

It seems like spamming Cancel to get out of multiple menus (All of which are Pause/Freeze if that makes a difference) can result in a menu not completely closing and getting stuck.

Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hi Nicholas,

First of all, update 2.0.7 was gorgeous! :) Thank you!

I noticed a couple of bugs:

- The Activate Damage Dealer Event step doesn't use the Damage Dealers Settings of the Ability. Especially the Prefab Settings, which is the only way to display particles when an ennemi is hit.

- Same problem when Environnemental Damage is used.

- Just a reminder concerning the Inventory Space limit bug I reported a few weeks ago :)
  • Hmm, Frogames; I'm not running into any of those Damage Dealer issues, mine are working perfectly as far as I can tell. Which damage dealer settings are you talking about?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited April 2014
    Another bug!

I use a lot of single enemies (instead of groups) for level design concerns.
    Since the last update, only one enemy is allowed to attack at a time. When this ennemy dies, another one attacks the player character and so on.

I played with the new Individual and Group target Settings but it didn't have any effect on this problem.

Any ideas? :)

PS : My bad! I deleted the Real Time Battle Area. It works fine now :)

Post edited by Frogames on