• Just tested this also with a formula for the max value (using another value), still working on my end ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Strange... I'll toss you my project file; maybe there's some strange factor that I'm missing.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited September 2014
    Hmm.. just to clarify, you're increasing MEMORY with armor that provide a custom bonus to MEMORY? And MEMORY does exceed its original Max value after MAX MEMORY being changed incrementally?

Still trying to figure out why this is happening.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • For those also running into Kirb's problem - will be fixed in the next update.
    In the meantime, you can solve it by moving the status value that uses another as maximum value above the maximum status value in the list.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2014
    I used to have the same issue as this discussion where the status values that were displayed before and after equipment changes got updated correctly for the first combatant in the player party, but not the others: http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/764/equipment-stats-gui-bug/p1

But now I have the opposite problem and the status values update correctly for every combatant in the player party except the first one. Kind of a silly thing, but that's what's going on. :P

Never mind! I have no clue what I'm doing sometimes. :P
    Post edited by JellyPaladin on
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Are you using the latest version (2.1.8)?
    Send me a test project where this is happening :)
  • Okay, when getting ready to send the project, I think I found what was going on and it wasn't what I expected. =)

I've been messing around with 2D and don't totally know what I'm doing yet, so I had set my first combatant up with a broken prefab. I only set up the first one like that, so that's why my other combatants' status values were still working properly. (I don't know why exactly a prefab would affect status values in menus, but it does. Maybe my lack of Unity knowledge is showing here.)

So yeah, this was my own blunder and nothing wrong with ORK. :P Sorry about that!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Posting this here just so it is not forgotten. The status values from equiped items are not updating in the status menu screens. Gil this bug you noted on my support thread. Let me know if you need any more inforation.
  • Might just be my project but when I try and open the global events tab(world>global events) the framework window goes blank and unity spits out tons of these error messages. using v2.1.9

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Collections.Generic.Stack`1[System.Boolean].Pop ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldInfo, IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor, Boolean ignoreHide, ORKFramework.AttributeHelper attributes)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EditorAutomation.Automate (IBaseData instance, ORKFramework.Editor.BaseEditor baseEditor)
    ORKFramework.Editor.GlobalEventsTab.ShowSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.GlobalEventsTab.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorSection.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
  • @matzart
    Not happening here - must be something in your project, can you send me the ORK project file (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) to contact@orkframework.com?
  • edited October 2014
    Hi,

I would like to post two issues i noticed. One is the desire of some of my group allies to go over the battle area towards a certain direction that leads out of the battle. This is rather strange, probably they dont get the target right away and dont know what to do at that case ? If i direct them manually close to an enemy they will start working properly.

Another thing is an issue with spawners, it seems that sometimes one of them gets scrambled and will make the enemy appear in other spots when one dies and the next arrives. Also i play an animation when the enemy is spawned and i disable the Combatant component, in this case the animation plays in the area of the spawn, but when the component is enabled to resume ORK functionality, the enemy instantly appears on the spot of my hero and starts attaching.

None of the above happen all the time, in some battles they do, in others they dont. One time a spawner scramble was solved by adjusting the time of wait before spawn or by erasing on the spawners (which could also affect timings and maybe fall in the first category).

I leave these here, in case someone else has come across similar issues and knows any work arounds or why they happen.

Post edited by nasos_333 on
  • edited October 2014
    @nasos_333
    Test project or it didn't happen :D
    Also, don't disable the Combatant component, a lot of ORK's mechanic depend on that.

@matzart
    Solved in today's bugfix release.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • In menus, some choices can be selected multiple times in a row without the menu properly disappearing. This can create some strange behavior, but sometimes it can lock-up the game entirely.

For example, in the demo game on the main website, walk over to the treasure box (over on the right, with the potion and gold in it). Interact with the box, then quickly click the "Exit" button multiple times in a row. The menu allows you to keep pressing it over-and-over without actually exiting.

Normally this would just be a strange quirk. But in the shop in my game, accidentally pressing the "Back" button twice in a row will freeze the entire game, and you have to reset it. This seems like a likely scenario on mobile where so many young players play our games.
  • edited October 2014
    Status > Abilities > Damage Dealer Settings > Prefab Settings > Add Prefab:
    A prefab is spawned on the position it hit an object when doing damage.
    This prefab can't be used by the battle event.

This does not work.
    Tried with both tutorial assets and my own prefabs

Update:
    Looked at the demo/tutorial, and it is working there. Not sure why I cant recreate in another scene.
    Post edited by 3itg on
  • edited October 2014
    @3itg--What do you mean 'this does not work?' Trying to help. : ) Did you make an event to hurl it at your enemy?

I did a tutorial on this in the tutorials section. It does work, imho.

But you have to do more.
    Post edited by Catacomber on