edited August 2015 in ORK Support
Greetings,

For some reason I can't get the enemies I target to get the target cursor...

I have selected the prefab I want to use as cursor.. I followed the guide from the tutorial. Nor does my enemies flash (which also was configured as per the tutorial)

I feel that getting the targeting to work is quite crucial :p

Here are my target selection settings under Battle Settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb954gnaxhklwhs/targeting.jpg?dl=0

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by thrilled on
  • Depending on the size of your enemies, an offset of Y=1 will most likely place the cursor inside the game object. Either try a higher offset (e.g. Y=2-3) or add a child object to your combatant prefabs to place the cursor at (e.g. add an empty game object and name it cursorSpot. You can use the child object to place the cursor.

The blinking settings look correct, but if it's really blinking the combatant depends on where the renderer is located. E.g. when using child as root for combatants, but the renderer is in a parent object, it can't be found and not be used for fading/blinking.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok sweet now I got myself a pretty goodlooking cursor. What worked best for me was to enter playmode go to my target and check the head child object which I always have and pointed the cursor to. Then I could see the location of the cursor and adjust it to the spot I wanted it and then note down the positions and change it as offset in battle settings :)

Since I am so happy with the cursor itself then I won't need any blinking here.

However I have an issue though... Ie in turn based combats.. then I only see the cursor on the first enemy... even if I highlight the choice of the second enemy in the battlemenu then the target cursor is still above the first one.. I can never get it to select the second one. Yes I have use menu selected ;)

I tried the individual targetting as well... and then allowed it to be used in turnbased then I can at get the cursor to show up on both target. However since I cant disable the original targeting then let say if I select enemy 2 with the individual targeting then I get the cursor on him if I then continue into the menu to perform the base attack then the enemy 1 gets automatically targeted by the inherent targeting system and the enemy 2 that I have already targeted is also selected.
  • You keep having very strange problems - I think there's something wrong with your overall setup ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I can send you the ork project asset file if you want GIL?

Funny thing is that I am following the tutorial very firmly :) Just small modifications... since I want to get the basics up and running before I do any personal preferences.
  • I'll need a Unity test project for that, not just the project file :)
  • The targeting has been solved... Checking the "Mouse of Selection" in Meny Settings did the trick