As topic - Equipment menu - Items do not get unequipped when clicking the unequip button... If I have more items of the same type ie armor then I can I can double click on them and swap between those. But I can't get my Armor (robe) and Right Hand (staff) that my character starts with to become empty.

Also I don't see the preview show up either... it displays just the name of the status values but not the preview number. And yes I have an item (robe) that adds +2 to intelligence but never see any preview numbers (the green and red).
  • I added so it was allowed to drag in the menus and now I can unquip the item that way, but not through the unequip button
  • Working fine here, can you post some details on your settings (e.g. screenshot from the equipment menu part's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2015
    I have a problem with the Equipment Menu too. I don't have thrilled's problem but after updating today, the Back Button no longer works in my Equipment Menu Screen. I don't think I did anything to change the GUI Box or anything else. Here's the message I get in the console----thanks for any help. I do have an Unequip Button. : ) All my other menus close fine when I hit the back button.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ORKFramework.CombatantEquipment.get_Item (Int32 index)
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.GetUnequipButton ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.CreateEquipChoices ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.ShowEquips ()
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.SelectionChanged (Int32 index, ORKFramework.GUIBox origin)
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.set_Selection (Int32 value)
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.ChoiceClicked (Int32 index)
    ORKFramework.ChoiceContent+<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0 ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:44)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData,
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:269)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:Process()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited August 2015
    @thrilled-
    To try to help you with your equip problem am comparing my settings to yours--

I use a different GUI box than menu small. I use an Equip Small GUI box. I sort by name and not id. I also have an Equip Big GUI box that I use instead of Menu Big. I enable clicking and tooltip. You sort your left side by ID but your right side by Name don't know if that matters.

I interestingly don't have an Unequip First button even though I updated. Wondering why?

Am a little bit too tired to look more tonight but will look again tomorrow.

Only thing I can suggest is maybe sort both sides by name, instead of one by name and one by id. My GUI boxes are different so I can't tell what's different there.

Did you update to the most recent version? Wondering why I don't have that Unequip First button and you do. ?

And of course I have my own problem--can't get out of that screen as the Back button doesn't work for me. : (

• @Catacomber
    Yep, that's a bug when having the back button selected - but the back button is still useable here.

@thrilled
    Also a bug :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ahhh ok then I won't bonk my head into the wall any longer :)

Also for your notice when talking to bugs.. I still have the problem with the dragable windows ;)

• Back button isn't useable for me. Just stuck in that screen. What could I be doing wrong? Thanks.
  • I have one question though?

When you drag an equipment item from the menu small to the menu big then there is a quite large window that appears with the items name and icon. What window is this and where can I edit the size and settings of that? Can I also have it to only show the icon instead of the text itself?
  • @Catacomber
    Is the back button on the equipment part or the equipment list box not usable?

@thrilled
    Well, depends on what window that is, most likely it's a Tooltip HUD, so check your HUDs :)
  • edited August 2015
    The back button is on my Equip Menu and not my Big Equip Menu--that is it's on the left hand side where the equipped stuff shows up not on the right hand side where the stuff you could equip shows up.

But it doesn't register anything. It shows up but nothing happens when I tap it--I do have a button prefab assigned to it in the gui.

I can equip and unequip things fine. No problem there.

If I assign an Input Key say X I can close it with that but that's not going to work on Mobile.

I tried my old fix of adding a Cancel button that says "Back" but that doesn't work either. The Cancel button doesn't show up. And I'm pretty sure I positioned it correctly.

It's as though the Back Button doesn't register a mouse click. Why the cancel button doesn't show up if I try to use it as a fix don't know. : )

I'm sure this is a lot clearer to you. I tried every work around I could think of.

Only assigning an input key works to close it---but again on mobile---not going to help me. : )
  • edited August 2015
    I got around the fact that the "Back" button of my Equipment Screen wouldn't work unless I clicked the input button--letter x in my case--which you can't do on mobile so I was stuck with a Gear screen I couldn't close on mobile.

I added a Menu Part with a Menu Item Close and for text put "Back" and it works perfectly. The player will never know I have no real Back button. : )

EDIT: When using my actual iPad,mi'm still stuck.

Don't know why it works and normal Back button doesn't. Curious but just glad I can now close my Gear menu.

Discovering more about ORK every day. : ) Sometimes like this. : )
  • Ohh I should have mentioned that the unequip button works for me now after the latest update of Ork.

Catacomber - I have implemented that one too :) However since I am using the close button on several menu's then I am suffering from an issue that that I need to click on time on the close button to make that menu window active and then once more to actually click the button. So it takes two clicks to get the function to work. I have a question raised to GIL if it's possible to have all windows behave like they all are active at the same time.
  • I want to add for PC I have the same issue as Cat.
    Threw the following error when I tried to click on the BACK button via mouse.
    However, I was able to "click" it with the action button on the gamepad (wireless xbox 360 controller)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.Tick (ORKFramework.GUIBox origin)
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.GUIBox.Tick (Single t)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick (Single t)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()
  • edited August 2015
    Gil--I also have the same problem with the Back button in my shops now. It doesn't work and I'm frozen in the screen. Am on my iPad and have to reset the device to get out of it. Any help is appreciated.

Also while using the Close button to exit out of the Gear (Equipment) screen works in the editor, on my iPad the same effect as with the Back button happens-- I'm stuck in the screen and can't get out except by resetting my iPad.