Hi,

I can't figure out how I can display the icons as well as the text. Under quests I can choose what items that should be rewarded, but I can't seem to find out how to also display the icon of the item before the text.

Another question - The chance that you set for the item to be rewarded... will that be checked the first time the player takes the quest so if it failed the roll then it won't be visible as a reward,so the reward list doesn't list an item as reward and then the check for the item to be rewarded isn't until the end and thus could fail and not reward it as the text showed.

Thanks in advance!
  • edited August 2015
    In quests you only define the rewards. The displaying of this stuff is handled in Game > Game Settings in the Quest Settings, there are various quest layout texts and text codes available for that stuff.

Reward chances are checked when actually giving the reward.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the input....

That game settings>quests made the trick :)

Is there any chance that we can get it to check the the rewards at the same time a player talks to the quest npc...

I would like to have the rewards quite a bit random without the player knowing what he could get, so that he has to play the quest several times just to find out "ohhh there are different awards available". If that is not really possible then maybe an option to hide a random reward so only those with 100% are listed?
  • You could just not display the rewards at all, or add them manually to the quest's description.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well the thing is that I do want them to be displayed ;)

Is it possible to make it that those that are not listed as 100% can have an own heading that says "Possible Loot" so it would be like this:

---------------------------------

Quest Name

Tasks:

Task

Rewards:

Item 1
    Item 2

Possible loot (chance):

Item 3
    Item 4