• Alright, but I'm not sure what that means :) What settings would I use then for the Set Grid Cell Combatant node. I'm sorry I don't quite follow.
  • It means that you're using the wrong game object as the grid cell as is, you try to set the user's cell using the user's game object. You need to use the cell you've previously stored into a found object for the movement.

If you're using the same setup as in the grid battle tutorials, you need to use these settings in the Grid Cell Settings part of the node:
    - set Object to Found Objects
    - set Value Type to Value (object key)
    - set Value to cell (object key)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks so much for the help and explanation. That makes sense.

Unfortunately, I set those settings and the selection grid is still where the player used to be. Do you want me to email you my move event?
  • Well - yeah, why not, will help resolve this faster :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm sorry man :) It's in your inbox. Thanks for checking it out!
  • Yep, found the issue - my bad :)

You can't set the combatant as Combatant here, because the cell is already reserved (for the same combatant) and doesn't allow setting another combatant (although it's the same). Select Move in the Set As setting instead - this will solve the issue (and is also why it's working on my end).
  • Yay! That did it :) Thanks so much for taking a look at that!