• @gamingislove No, the hud prefab doesn't get created at all.
  • @Vlastan
    Hm, I guess I'll need a small test project to check it out.

Btw, an alternative setup is to directly add a HUD to the UI box (or also to input prefabs). The UI Content components can reference the HUD Content Provider of a HUD to forward information. The Combatant menu part would still use a HUD, but select the None HUD to just include the information without spawning a HUD prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2021
    @gamingislove The alternate setup you mentioned worked as a solution. Thanks
    One thing i don't think i mentioned, is that i'm using a prefab view portrait hud.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @Vlastan
    Still, prefab view portraits are also working with both HUD template and directly as part of the UI box/inputs for me.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK 3 BETA 14 is here!

This time there are 2 important changes:
    - default equipment setup in combatant general settings for all combatants, defaults to using all equipment slots and allowing all equipment
    - status bonuses now include auto/attack/defence status effects, i.e. you can also create templates for them (but you have to redo the effect setup in classes, combatants, equipment, passive abilities and status effects)

There are also some other changes - see them all on the beta page.
  • edited November 2021
    Was playing around with ork3 for a bit and got icons in UI Boxes working. (For Item added notifications)
    But when using icons, is the only way to show them by using TMP with the built-in sprite assets? Or is there a way to insert the icon into an image component for example?

This would mean I have to create a sprite atlas with all my icons in, so when i create a new icon I need to recreate the entire atlas? Or am I overlooking something? I'm not a TMP expert so might be that i understand it incorectly.
    Post edited by HarryHamster on
  • edited November 2021
    Hey GIL,
    maybe you already implemented something like this (at least i couldnt recreate it so far ;)), but if not - here is a feature suggestion for ORK 3.
    Is there a possibility to create kind of an Aura skill - which has influence on your player and allys - and depends on the aura - also effects the enemy?
    For example +10 Attack Bonus(passive skill) for all friendly Combatants as long as the unit with the aura skillis on the battle field.
    Or like a -20 Attack for enemys as long as my Combatant with this aura is on the field.
    I am thinking of using this in a turn based battle system.
    Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Monkey_A_C on
  • @HarryHamster
    The Unity UI module uses TextMesh Pro for text display, i.e. to be able to show icons (via text codes) needs them to be set up in TMP as well.
    Also, the individual content setup (e.g. for an item) needs to have the TMP tag for the icon set up (there's a button to find it automatically in the icon settings of the content).

All icons don't have to be in a single sprite atlas, you can also split it up into multiple. Though, generally, yeah - that's how TMP icons work.

@Monkey_A_C
    Hm, that might be tricky - if it's only to impact damage calculations, that could be handled via selected data in formulas.
    Using a Select Combatant node with filters to get the combatant(s) with that passive ability (or effect), check the count of the stored data (Selected Data Count node) to determine if the bonus should be applied to the calculation.
  • @gamingislove

hmmm actually not only for damage calculations - i was thinking about all different sort of things - for example hitpoint regeneration boost or mana regeneration increase or increased movement speed and kind of the same as a negative impact on the opponents.
    F.e. if my unit is played with an aura which decreses the enemys armor by 10 as long as my unit is on the field.
    Or stuff like this.... kind of like a lot of warcraft auras work.
    Is it maybe possible (and hopefully attractive) for you to implement this further in the developement? I pesonally think its quite an essential skill set for RPGs.
    Thanks and keep up the amazing job you do!
    Have a great weekend
  • One of the limitations from ORK2 was the lack of proper git support. Since ORK3 is using assets, does this mean ork can now be used in a git environment more easily?
  • @Monkey_A_C
    Hm, I'll look into it for future feature implementations.

@HarryHamster
    Yes - though there's still a limitation of merging an asset will probably not be possible. E.g. 2 people working on the same ability, merging the changes together will probably fail.
  • @gamingislove ,

1) You've said your working on some tutorials before ORK3 is released but will those release day tutorials include a complete small game series for ORK3 similar to the ORK2 complete small game series?

2) Also, will the ORK3 tutorials have an example of how to import custom characters and create HUDs for ORK3 for people who are still new to using Unity to do things like that?

3) Also, did You say maybe 2-3 months till the ORK3 release? So does that mean its not likely before end of January of 2022 ?? I realize that a specific date is unknown right now but I am just interested in a general ballpark time frame. Not for Christmas time right?

4) An finally, have u determined the cost of ORK 3 yet? I want to be sure to save some money for ORK 3.

Thanks for all your hard work and excellent support and for any clarifications u can give...
    Jesus bless ya,
    RF
  • 1) Tutorials will be a bit split up into different sections this time, e.g. status system, UI, etc.
    The goal is to have the same basis and use that in multiple game tutorial series to set up different types of games.
    There'll also be some standalone tutorials on specific features (e.g. as there already are for the simple player HUD or start schematic) that'll be refered to by tutorial series when it comes to set that up.

2) You mean like setting that up in Unity before it can be used in ORK?
    Not sure about that - maybe in the future.

3) I hope to get it out sometime in December, though you never know what happens (and Asset Store approvals take some time as well).
    Documentation is nearly done and I'll start with some standalone tutorials this week. Also gotta start looking for (CC0) free assets to use :)

4) Price will for now stay the same as ORK 2, upgrading from ORK 2 to ORK 3 will cost 50% - and there's a free upgrade for all purchases in 2021.
  • @gamingislove

do you think the new tutorial series will be as detailed as the already existing one?
    I really love that you explained all those features step by step and easy to follow.
    It really helps to dive into all the basic features ork can provide and the structure was clean and simple aswell. I really hope that you can do something like that again for ORK3!

Maybe you already know it - but at Mixamo.com you can get totaly free 3D Characters and animations which you can just combine and download in seconds. Propably this assets will help you to make something nice out of it!

Cheers, and thanks for your awesome work!
  • edited November 2021
    @gamingislove ,
    Stand alone feature tutorials are great but I was also hoping that there would be a very detailed successive tutorial small game series where each new tutorial was built on top of the previous one before it till the demo game was complete like the ORK2 small game tutorial series... Are U saying that such a complete game successive tutorial series is planned for ORK3 release day?
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on