• edited October 2021
    For Game Over: The camera is being reset to a position I don't have defined, nor do I appear to call change to it before displaying the Game Over UI Box. Do you know what I might be missing?

Edit: It was the death animation schematic, was looking at the wrong one.

Edit 2: I am encountering something odd with the Cinemachine wrapper. In a new game, running into combatants correctly sets the camera position as expected. However, if I Load a saved game (retry autosave or normal save), running into those combatants isn't causing the camera to change positions nor is it blocking player camera control.

Explicitly calling Block Camera Control in the Battle start event doesn't seem to matter either. If I disable the Cinemachine Brain component myself before initiating it will move to the right camera position.

Interestingly, the rest of the wrapper seems to work as expected. It receives the player gameobject as a target, sets it, and parses the input. The only issue seems to be with regards to the Blocking event not actually enabling/disabling the component but only on a save game.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • For Inventory > Item Box Settings > Item Content Layout > Content Type can we get a toggle to change Icon to Type Icon? This would also be helpful in the Equipment Box Setting/Equipment Content Layout as well.
  • edited October 2021
    @Acissathar
    I'll check it out, might be an issue with not registering custom controls on load game (due to all the changes here).
    Edit: Hm, is the control being blocked correctly if you make a scene change after loading the save game?

@Dre788
    I'll look into it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    @gamingislove Oh, I do have an intermediate loading scene. Loading a game goes to Loading Transition scene then to the main scene. I can give it a spin stripping that out so I go immediately to the next scene if you think that might be related?

Edit: Removing the transition scene didn't seem to make a difference.

I added in a new scene to also try a manual scene change through the scene change object after loading up the game before hitting the combatants and that does seem to re-instate the block when encountering the combatants.
  • @Acissathar
    I'm running into the same issue - after loading the custom control isn't registered, but after another scene change it is. Will fix it in the next beta.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    Sounds good, thank you!

Edit: 2 more questions :)

1. What is the right way to set up the Battle End -> Battle Gains for showing currency in a HUD? What I am after is where the items will show up in a grid (done with a layout screen), and then it shows a HUD element which will have name / quantity / icon. Currently, I have the grid showing and the actual item drop (a health potion) but the associated currency is just displaying blank:

https://i.postimg.cc/qMGFhjF8/Loot-Notification.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/02v3yLVk/Currency-Settings.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/7h3WNVZr/ItemHUD.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/fWmpZwjq/Loot-Layout.png

With the simple layout it'll show the quantity and name, and I can verify the item is being added into the inventory, just not sure how to show it during this stage?

2. What would be the best means of picking an ending friendly combatant for end of battle zoom in? For example, say I have a party of 4 - A, B, C and D. A is usually the player character, but if the final enemy is slain by C, I'd like to do a camera event on C. My current thought process is using a global variable to determine who attacked last and set it in a Turn Start schematic, and then in the Victory schematic do a branch to determine which combatant to store. Would that work or is there a better means?
  • @gamingislove ,
    Does ORK 3 fully support the Unity Input System?
    RF
  • @Acissathar
    1) In the ORK HUD Status Text Content component, instead of Item, use Shortcut. Item is specifically for items, while Shortcut is for overall all shortcut-related stuff (e.g. currencies, items, equipment, abilities, etc.).

2) Hm, probably via death events and selected data. In the combatant's death events, you can use selected data to get the combatant who killed them and store that e.g. in a global selected data.
    The battle end event can use that to do whatever you want to the combatant who killed the last one before the end.

@RifleFire
    Not sure about fully supporting, but there's already an input action origin available for Makinom 2.
  • ORK 3 BETA 11 is here!
    This update adds a new use mode for battle AIs, advanced number formatting options (e.g. display a status value of 69 as 6.9), new Notify Start types for auto machines/interactions and more.
    See the details on the beta page.

The battle AI's new use mode allows queuing actions instead of exiting at the first useable action. Learn more in this new battle AI documentation.

The new Notify Start types for auto machines and interactions can start the macine/interaction when getting notified of a change, e.g. a variable change or a combatant's status value changing.

Please Note
    The changes due to advanced number formatting will reset any previous number formatting setup you did, and you'll have to revisit the settings in case you used the override options anywhere (e.g. status values), as that'll otherwise cause errors.

Also, all editor windows have been moved to: Window > Gaming Is Love
    Makes things less cluttered :)
  • @gamingislove
    Very nice. I'll take a good look at this update and see how the new features fare.
  • You can also see the queued actions in the combatant's inspector (battle information) - just keep in mind that the first queued action will usually already be used right after the battle AI, so it'll not show up.
  • @gamingislove Looks like the camera blocking in save/load seems to be fixed (at least in all of my situations so far), appreciate it.

I was wondering, would it be possible to expand on Active Time Battles and the timebar use cost to use formulas?

https://i.postimg.cc/50Y6WxZ9/image.png

For example, in general items should end the turn, but maybe there's a skill a combatant can learn that instead causes items to take away 250, or maybe the higher a combatants Int is, the less it consumes and stuff like that.
  • @Acissathar
    Sure, that should be possible :)
  • ORK 3 BETA 12 is here!
    Passive abilities can now optionally be turned on/off - only enabled passive abilities will contribute to a combatant's status. This includes updates to menu screens, battle menus and HUDs to use this new functionality.
    Also, Timebar Use settings in Active Time Battles (and abilities/items) now support float value selections, e.g. using a formula.

See the ORK 3 beta page for details.
  • Hi I trying to convert my ork2 project to ork3.
    ork3 can use Int variable and variable list. it is very useful ;-).

and some sctipting questions.

1)
    object variable component moved to ORK to Makinom2,
    so ObjectVariablesComponent cant access via "using ORKFramework.Behaviours",
    what is new name space?

2)
    I checked Player blocked by menu or events by "ORK.Control.Blocked".
    this property changed to "MenuBlocked". it can fetch blocking by Event?

3)
    I got current player's money by "ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.FieldLeader.Inventory.GetMoney(0);"

but this function seems to removed.
    any alt method?

4)
    ORK2 could check "is conbatant player?" with
    "CombatantComponent.IsPlayerControlled".
    but CombatantComponent seems removed. any alt way?

thx.