edited March 28 in ORK Support
Dragging and dropping equipment from the party inventory menu to a combatant HUD does not refresh the combatant HUD. It still shows the old item icon in the equipped slot rather than the newly dropped and equipped one. It does correctly unequip the previously equipped item and does correctly equip the newly dragged equipment. The combatant HUD doesn't show the new item equipped unless leave and come back to it.

The combatant HUD does refresh correctly (showing the new item in the slot) if the equipment slot was empty.

I am using the recent update (3.17.1). Thank you! It fixed this issue: https://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/8760/drag-and-drop-error#latest

Post edited by Socrates422 on
  • Did a quick test and it seems to be working fine on my end.
    Can you post your equipment HUD's settings? I.e. from the equipment slot HUD component :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This shows the HUD Equipment Slot Content Component http://www.headbuzzgames.com/EquipmentSlotRHW.jpg

This short video shows the dragging and dropping. Not sure why the cursor isn't showing the video, but you can see what's happening with the tooltips and drag notification. I swap a staff out and back then equip the dagger onto the slot the staff is in. The empty slots update as they should, but the one that has the item already equipped doesn't show the new icon unless I change to a different character and back. (The shortcuts change from one to the other when I change the active character.)

http://www.headbuzzgames.com/DragDropMovie.mp4

It wouldn't surprise me if I set something up with the UI incorrectly. I have struggled a bit wrapping my head around all of it. Thank you for your help!
  • Tested with the exact same HUD setup and works fine on my end - might be some setup in the used prefabs for the equipment.
    I'll need a Unity test project to investigate.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The HUD displaying the equipment updates if I toggle HUD, wait 0 seconds (1 frame), toggle HUD again. (It only updates if I wait the 1 frame.)

Is there a method that I could use that tells me when a piece of equipment is equipped? Or better yet if a piece of equipment is equipped over an existing equipped slot?

I could simply toggle the HUD off, wait a frame and toggle it back on when an item is equipped.
  • edited April 3
    The HUD I'm dropping onto in the video above is a HUD Player Combatant (Content Provider).

I also noticed that if I drag and drop from an Inventory Menu Part to an Equipment Menu Part it works fine. Is it possible to have more than 1 menu part stay in focus? Normally either the Menu Part or the Equipment Part is in focus and the other part is dark.

Post edited by Socrates422 on
  • The HUD content components for displaying equipment actually register for those equipment changes and update their content automatically when notified of a change. This should work (and does on my end) - as said, I'd need a test project to check this out in detail. Might be a bug or a wrong setup somewhere.

As for menu parts, one being darker when not focused is actually a setup in UI > UI Boxes > General Settings. The Default Inactive Colors are used to tint a UI box that's not focused (can be overridden by each UI box individually).
    So, while you can only have one focused UI box (for the active controls), you can still show all of them without that tinting.
  • Is it possible to manually update the content of a HUD?
  • Every HUD content component has a MarkUpdateContent function, which will cause a content update in the next frame.