• Well... highly annoying not being able to work with combatants atm.... quite crucial part withing Ork :(
  • Did you try downgrading to Unity 5.2.0?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using Windows 8.1, Unity 5.2.0 and ORK 2.5.6 and all is well. Maybe @GiL's idea of downgrading for now would be a good solution until Unity solves some problems? Idk :)
  • edited October 2015
    GiL - No I haven't done that... and to be honest I have never done a downgrade before... not exactly sure how to do it :S Being dead afraid of messing up my project (even though I ofc have backups)
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • @Thrilled - I'm sure GiL can chime on this too. But here's what I've done and maybe it can help. I run several versions of Unity on my dev box all the time. You can download an older version here: http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive. I do this going forward so I still have my current project safely running.

I create a different installation location on my PC for each version (E.g. Unity460, Unity520 etc.) Also create a different development location in my AppDev folder to match. E.g. AppDev > Unity520. Anyway, you get the idea. :)

Download Unity 5.2.0 and install in the newly created location. Copy your project to the new project location as well. Now you're safe to open it with the other version. My only concern is going backwards if Unity 5.2.0 will open a 5.2.1 project. I think it would since it's not 5.3 or something. Maybe someone knows more about that. I've never tried. Anyway, I hope it helps and please excuse my over simplification if it sounded that way :)
  • Gotcha!

Thanks for assisting Squeker! I am downloading 5.2.0f now as I write this.

I will get back to you with how it's going.

/Thrilled
  • I have now updated to Unity 5.2.2 and Ork 2.5.7... and now I have not had any issues sofar. Saving my combatant is now working instead of crashing.

/T
  • I've also installed 5.2.1 Patch4 and didn't had any issues so far. Think (Hope) they solved the problem.
  • edited October 2015
    Unity 5.2.2 seems very stable. I think the crashes were all Unity problems---looking at the release notes for 5.2.2---a lot of crash fixes. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited November 2015
    Grrrr....

For some reason I am back to square one again....

I just updated to latest Ork and now as soon I remove one combatant and try to save Ork then Unity crashes.

Hmmm ok the problem occurs when I try to REMOVE, ADD or COPY a combatant (this increasing the number of combatants. I currently only have 17 combatants.

I can without any problems modify an existing one though without crashes. This is sooo annoying. Running 5.2.2.f1

**EDIT** IT also happens when I am trying to ADD or COPY a new ability... Same crashes when trying to add a new weapon...Sigh.... feels like a soon a new object is to be added to the Ork database then it crashes, but modifying existing objects works alright.

Anyone knows if UNITY 5.3.0B5 is compatible with current Ork? These issues are killing me atm.
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • Something similar to this happened to me a really long time ago (with new additions crashing Unity, but mine were new events), and I was able to resolve it by nuking my Library from orbit and having the project rebuild it from scratch. I have absolutely if my issues are in any way related to yours, but it might be worth a shot? :c
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Hm, very strange indeed - still having no problems with this here. Do you think you can send me a small Unity test project where it occurs?
    Maybe it's something with your project ...

Just adding/copying something in the editor isn't really doing much more than creating a new data instance with the same values - there's no asset saving/access involved there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks to both of you for your suggestions...

I tried to import the project to my test project and ofc I don't experience any problems there. So sending that over to you isn't really gonna help :p

@Firrerreo So basically what you did was just to delete the library folder and let the project rebuild all meta data again?

Thanks!

/T
  • Yup, that exactly. Something I did must have messed something up with either the cached data or a handful of meta files. Took a little bit of time to rebuild everything since my project is ginormous, but it did correct the errors.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Ok so now I have deleted the library.... it took a good couple of hours to rebuild. I then took a combatant and selected copy and then save = crash!

So clueless what to do :(