• @Malith
    Are you using a built-in control or a custom control?

@Dre788
    Yeah, will fix that in the next update.

@Acissathar
    It'll still use UI boxes and HUDs - basically very similar to the current system, but with more control over what's happening.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome glad to hear, looking forward to it!
  • @gamingislove I'm using OPSIVE Controller. I switched to Animator Layer method instead of Override controllers. This way I have more control and less bugs.

I'm trying to make a smooth transition between 1 - 0 for animator layer weights.

var m_currentLayerWeight = _playerAnimator.GetLayerWeight(1);
    m_currentLayerWeight =Mathf.SmoothDamp(m_currentLayerWeight, IsArmed ? 1 : 0, ref _currentLayerWeightVelocity, animTransSmoothTime);
    _playerAnimator.SetLayerWeight(1,m_currentLayerWeight);

How to feed m_currentLayerWeight value to the Animator Weight node? (Issue is I need to feed the value till its 0 or 1)

I didn't follow Makinom, Can we still access variables outside ORK using ORKFramework namespace?
  • @Malith
    In ORK 3 the (main) namespaces are:
    using GamingIsLove.Makinom;
    using GamingIsLove.ORKFramework;

The global variables are part of Makinom, i.e. to set a variable:
    Maki.Game.Variables.Set("key", value);
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2021
    @gamingislove I'm trying to adjust to the new ui system. Here's a some questions:
    Classic Ork had the option to scale an UI box based on content, is this still possible with the new system?
    It was also possible to easily set open/close animations affecting element positions and transparency, will this also be reimplemented in the future?
    Could it be possible to get all the menu elements already setup with default graphics so that it would be easier for the user to just customize them instead of creating them from scratch? (maybe through the extension manager)
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited August 2021
    I'm using screen space camera for my GUI render. If I have a GUI open, then move the main camera and close the GUI, the position of the GUI will change. When you call the GUI again it will enable it with the changed position. It looks like it's moving back to the absolute position it originally spawned at instead of staying at the position relative to the canvas it's under. Is this intentional?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Vlastan
    Using the Unity UI module all of this is now handled by, well, the Unity UI setup/components. E.g. Content Size Fitter and the various layout components.
    Open/close behaviours are handled via animations - the UI Box and HUD components also have an Animation Offset property to easily handle move in/out via animations. Fade in/out is done via the Alpha property of a Canvas Group component.

You can create ready to use stuff via the scene hierarchy context menu, in most cases it's just creating it via the context menu and making a prefab out of it.
    I'll provide some ready to use prefabs to download in the future, though that'll be later around official release when all of the things are finalized :)

@Dre788
    Is this during play or during editing the UI?
    I think this is mainly due to Unity handling stuff ... e.g. when creating a canvas in the scene and editing a UI prefab can have different canvas setups and thus display differently. I'd recommend to set up Unity's UI Environment in the project settings to a scene with a canvas set up to your needs.
  • @gamingislove
    No this happens during play. When I close and open the same gui with node scripting the position changes after I move the camera.
    -set canvas to screen space and scale with screen size (full resolution)
    -call a menu screen
    -move the main camera
    -close the menu screen (this disables the menu but you can notice the location changes here)
    -call the same menu
    -it will reappear at the changed location
  • edited August 2021
    @Dre788
    I'll check it out.
    A UI box (or HUD) is resetting it to it's initial position, might be that this clashes with changed canvas stuff.

Edit: Hm, not really running into this.
    I've set up a Screen Space - Camera canvas with a Canvas Scaler and the camera being a child of the canvas, created a prefab out of it and use that for a UI layer.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @gamingislove
    I've made an example of how I have it set up.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxqz5bg6z2iojop/Ork 3 Test.zip?dl=0
    The main camera is referenced in the scene. The camera moves when you press the button and pressing the "Q" key will disable and enable the menu. Once the menu is back the position will have changed to it's original position before the camera moved.
  • @Dre788
    Oh, yeah - totally forgot about that Screen Space Camera option in the UI system settings :D
    With that setup it also happens in my test project. I'll look into it and hopefully fix it in the next update.
  • edited August 2021
    gamingislove said: the UI Box and HUD components also have an Animation Offset property to easily handle move in/out via animations.
    Sorry, i couldn't find those animation offset parameters you mentioned. Can you be more specific?

I've created a script that tweens the CanvasGroup alpha when called from the ui box state changes, however when it comes to fading at close state, the box closes instantly without waiting for my script to finish fading the canvas. Any idea how i could make the ui box wait for the tweening to finish?
    I've seen the max wait time in the open/close state change but i think it's related to the animator system, and in my case it's not doing anything.

Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited August 2021
    @gamingislove
    That's good to know.

The Ork HUD Value Bar doesn't seem to be functioning when my combatants take damage. I didn't do anything special to change the default settings. So I'm wondering if this could be a bug.

Edit: For some strange reason the flying text aren't displaying. I noticed if I slow down the animation machine (for example, change the text position, enable move and make it wait 25 seconds) I can see it spawn in the flying text layer but they are invisible on screen during play. I noticed if I disable/enable the flying text object during the 25 second wait period they show up correctly.

Edit #2: If you use Combatant Settings Allow Non-Player and use Menu List to show other menu screens that also have Allow Non-Player, those menu screens won't display information correctly. For example, if I call that menu during battle and used it on a enemy, it won't show the information of the selected enemy but the player. If I call these menus directly instead of using Menu List, the information displays correctly. Menu List may not be aware of the Allow Non-Player setting in the menus it calls.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited August 2021
    Is it possible to clear out the Item Box when viewing an Item Type that does not have any items currently in Inventory?

Currently if you have all item types show, and no types are present in inventory, it just shows the last type of items. Granted they're all disabled in the end so they can't be used, but if possible it would be nice if it would just show nothing in the item box:

Edit: Changing it to show empty types and including a back button effectively accomplishes the same thing I'm after, so I'll go forward with that.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • Im having trouble with the content of a Shop. I want that the buttons which contains the Name of the item has the info how offen i Have this item. Its working but there is a mistake because when i buy one item every items gets there value of Buy. Do i miss something?