• @gamingislove Testing with the new Beta and I think I figured out my back button issue. Not a bug, just an oversight on my part that I had the General Description set to and changing to is showing what I'm after. Not sure how I missed that one.

It also looks like those errors when exiting Play Mode with a menu and Makinom window both open are no longer occurring either (at least they haven't yet), so all is looking good :)
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove
    Thanks for testing. I managed to find the culprit on my end. The Event System Object with Standalone Input Module Component was the cause. It was making the input respond multiple times per button press. With it gone the inputs works as expected.

Edit: In Quest Task, I can't seem to get Activate/Inactivate Schematics to work.

Edit2: I know the menu section is being remade atm but I just want to mention Menu Part Change Key and Menu Change Key could benefit from sound effect options.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove or maybe someone else that's set this up already, do you know what I might be missing for my Equipment Menu slots?

Currently, the slot text + icon do not display at all, but they are "tied" to the slot correctly. For example, the bottom two are left/right hand and the swords display as expected in the next box:
    https://i.postimg.cc/Y0rsC2RP/Equipment1.png

Once I select the slot, and then equip the sword, the sword icon and text correctly display in the HUD. Notably, an empty slot image appears but the image remains blank and no text displays:
    https://i.postimg.cc/zfhMdc3x/Equipment2.png

Here is how my slot box, HUD and prefab are set up:
    https://i.postimg.cc/sxT0QF0g/Equipment3.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/gJP71HZm/Equipment4.png
    https://i.postimg.cc/RFQYmJ7f/Equipment5.png

And to be sure, my slots do have names + icons set up:
    https://i.postimg.cc/HsX1vnKw/Equipment6.png
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Dre788
    I'll check it out.

@Acissathar
    I guess you're struggling to get ORK 2's old 'title' info with the equipment slot content in there?
    This is now handled via Additional Content - the default setup of a newly added Equipment menu part should already have an additional content for Slot Text And Icon added. Same as quantity and other information (e.g. use costs) is handled via additional content now.
    The button prefab also has to be set up to display the additional content, you can quickly create such a button using the scene hierarchy's context menu: Makinom > UI Box > Input > Choice Title Button
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove That was perfect thank you, think I've got it all figured out now!
  • New Menu System Updates!
    It's dead :D

After going through all current available menu screen features and looking into how that'd be done in the new system I had in mind, I concluded that everything would just get too complex without really having much benefit.
    It would have added some flexibility, that's probably not really needed and can still be added to the current system in some form - however the setup would have gotten too confusing and bothersome.

So, I'll now work on improving the existing menu screen system, making the settings less cluttered and adding some more functionality via schematics (e.g. starting a schematic when selecting/accepting a choice).

I'm open for suggestions, what improvements or new features would you need in the current menu screen system?

@Dre788
    Hm, quest task schematics are firing fine for me - did you try putting an Unity Console node in there to get a console output in case it's started?
    Maybe something in the schematic itself isn't working as expected.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove
    How strange. When I started up unity again to start checking Quest Type - Activate Requirements, the machine wasn't there. But I'm 100% sure I put it there before. Also, it seems to work now, why wasn't it working before? There's no way I forget to put the schematic there, I tested it on both activate and inactivate because I wasn't getting any results. Strange indeed.

For the menu screen suggestions, I'll just reiterate what I mentioned before.
    -Close Screen(opening/closing) This needs the most improving. Maybe separate menu screens by types and sub types? Or use display requirements.
    -Could there be an option to set a default menu screen for Show Dialogue instead of none?
    -Sub Menu for Equipment Slots. This way you can call Equip/Unequip/etc. for equipment instead of putting a special button in the item list.
    -Sound Effects for Menu Part Change Key and Menu Change Key
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove Would it be possible to add a section to put in an override for the Event System? With Rewired it's best practice to use the Rewired Event System, but Ork will always create the Unity base one. Having 2 in the scene can cause undesired behavior, and for what it's worth, the base one seems to be working, but letting us provide the override prefab would be a nice addition.

I was originally going to mention overriding Canvas objects, but as soon as I wrote that all out I found out we can do that under UI Layers haha

Edit 1: Tying into what Dre788 mentioned, I'd like to be able to execute a closing schematic before the menu screen is closed. For example, I'd like to run my Canvas fading before the UI objects are disabled. Currently it doesn't start the fade until after it's closed, but it's already closed so no need to fade.

Edit 2: Last thing I can think of at the moment, could we add requirements to when a user can Pause? There are a few places where we can pause directly, such as menu screens, but if Pause is set to separate keybind the user can still pause in those places. It'd be nice to add requirements like user can pause, except when in Menu or in Cutscene, etc and since it's a game condition can be set as needed?
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Dre788
    Strange ... only way I can think of that this can happen is either you didn't save or deleted the schematic afterwards.

Can you go into a bit more details on the close screen (opening/closing) thing? There are no menu screen types, so I'm not sure what you mean here.

Show Dialogue uses UI boxes, so I guess that's what you meant. Due to how the new selection fields work (data now being individual assets, etc.), they all default to the None selection.

I'll look into the other things.

@Acissathar
    Actually, ORK creates an ORK variation of the event system, but good idea, I'll add that :)
    I'll look into your other suggestions :)
  • edited September 2021
    gamingislove said: Can you go into a bit more details on the close screen (opening/closing) thing? There are no menu screen types, so I'm not sure what you mean here.
    Yes, I'm asking if you could add menu screen types so we can set the Opening/Closing by types instead of listing menu screens individually. If not, then could we have a reverse option that closes everything but the listed menu screens.
    gamingislove said: Strange ... only way I can think of that this can happen is either you didn't save or deleted the schematic afterwards.
    This actually isn't the first time I've had strange behavior after I save. There has been many times when schematics don't save correctly. It mainly happens when I'm working with variables and I Save As the schematic to a different file name. The original schematic ends up with different variable values. But it happens pretty inconsistently so it's hard to replicate.

Edit: Is Text Speed in Options working correctly? I set it to 0 and the text typing only shows 1 letter and stops working. If I use any other number it doesn't change the speed at all.

Edit2: A bit of an unrelated question but is it possibly to show a HUD when a cell is highlighted that displays Event Status Effects and Abilities? I can't seem to find anyway to display this information.

Edit3: Another unrelated question. How do I move a combatant to a specific cell coordinate within a grid made in the scene? I noticed you can set the cell position of an combatant but only if the grid has a key. The only place I can see a grid key is if you create the grid with the node Create Grid. I figured I could assign a key to the grid in the scene but I couldn't find that option.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @gamingislove One last thing, could we possibly also get the option to run schematics before/after Save Menus and Save Point menus? Similar reason as above, I'd like to run some image effect stuff before hand, and from a user stand point they seem to have the same set up as Menu Screens, they're just specific to Saving/Loading.

Auto save is already generally run through a Node anyways so I think that's easy enough to hook into on it's own.
  • SK1SK1
    edited September 2021
    Before the battle starts: Set Scene Position node is removed, what node should I use instead?

Post edited by SK1 on
  • @SK1
    Currently not available, I'll look into adding it again.
  • Another possible spot for the whole before/after open + close schematics is with Item Boxes as well.

Would it maybe be possible to do a new Machine Start type? Something that runs before the rest of the Enable/Open, and something that runs just before the rest of Disable/Close? Then I could just put the machines on the UI Boxes themselves, ORK calls into the Machine of PreEnable (or whatever) runs that, then OnEnable and it's usual stuff. Similarly when closing we run PreDisable, then OnDisable and it's usual stuff. That might end up being more of a hassle though, but just something I thought of while exploring possible work arounds for these other menus.
  • Is there a way to start a schematic by a control map or does the schematic need to be tied to an ability in order to start the schematic? If it needs to be tied to an ability what section should the schematic be placed?
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop