• edited August 2021
    Think this might be a bug?

In an Inventory Menu Screen, if you have a custom back button with text but no Description, you get roughly 18 of these errors (all appear to be the same):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIContent.Replace (System.String oldValue, GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIContent other) (at <2f1f422112394dd594a244bb82496b10>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.DescriptionContent.GetContent (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIInputContent button, GamingIsLove.Makinom.IContent content, GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIContent& tmpMessage, GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIContent& tmpTitle, GamingIsLove.Makinom.UIPortrait& portrait) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.Parts.DescriptionMenuPart.Show (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIInputContent button, GamingIsLove.Makinom.IContent content) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.MenuScreen.ShowDescription (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIInputContent button, GamingIsLove.Makinom.IContent content) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.Parts.InventoryMenuPart.ShowDescription (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox origin) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.Parts.InventoryMenuPart.InputSelected (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox origin, System.Int32 index) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.SelectInput (System.Int32 index, System.Boolean notify) (at <4dd80448ecf04e42b2b661761d90cf2d>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.set_SelectedIndex (System.Int32 value) (at <4dd80448ecf04e42b2b661761d90cf2d>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.Tick (System.Single t) (at <4dd80448ecf04e42b2b661761d90cf2d>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at <2f1f422112394dd594a244bb82496b10>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.BaseUIHandler.Tick () (at <2f1f422112394dd594a244bb82496b10>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Maki.FireTick () (at <2f1f422112394dd594a244bb82496b10>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomHandler.Update () (at <2f1f422112394dd594a244bb82496b10>:0)
    However, if you do have a title and description, the description doesn't actually display in the info box as expected but instead it just shows the button text again:

Post edited by Acissathar on
  • edited August 2021
    @Vlastan
    Yeah, the Max Wait Time is only used by the animations.
    It's currently not possible to wait for a script call - I will look into an option for having the wait time used generally, not just with animations.

@Dre788
    Might be that the value bar doesn't have the correct content provider selected and doesn't get any updates. Can you give me some details on the overall setup of the HUD (or just send a project :D).
    Flying texts work similar to ORK 2, i.e. they're only displayed as long as there is a wait time in their schematic and destroyed afterwards. Can you give me some details on the setup there?
    I'll check out the menus - was this working in ORK 2?
    Edit: Flying texts might also be related to the screen space camera canvas issue, so they're just displayed elsewhere, not visible on screen.

@Acissathar
    The item box showing stuff is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.
    I'll check out the back button issue.
    Edit: Not running into this, but it might be related to another bug that was reported and is already fixed on my end :)

@shay91
    If you're using the text code, that displays the number of items of the currently selected/highlighted thing in the inventory.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds good to me, I will check it out with next beta :)
  • @gamingislove
    As I was making a test project to show you I figured out both my problems for the flying text and value bar.
    I didn't realize I needed to set the Value Sprite of the image to Filled. Once I did this the image changed correctly. I should have looked at the tutorial earlier instead of assuming I had it correct. For the flying text, I use a different font for the Bold font weight and when text mesh switches the font they don't show up correctly as flying text.
    I don't know if the menu worked in Ork 2, this the first time I've used menu list this way.
  • Hm, text mesh switching is probably more of a TMP issue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Yeah it's not a big deal. I can just use the bold text directly instead of letting text mesh switch it dynamically.
  • ORK 3 BETA 7 is here!

Small update, mostly bugfixes. Check the details on the BETA page.
    Also, item box inventory (via item collectors) is now handled differently in the background, so previous save games will not be compatible if they contain item box data. Also, item boxes can have a single inventory container (slots), though there's currently no menu/display for that.

I'll now delve into the depths of the new menu system to see if this'll actually make things better or just more complicated :D
    More details will follow soon(ish).
  • edited September 2021
    Dre788 said: Int Numbers and Float Variables don't seem to be formatting when I use #,#.
    I'm still running into this problem in Text Display Settings for Int and Float Variables. The Float With Format option seems to work now. Also, all the other issues I mention work now.

Edit: Looks like there was a bug introduced when you use Turn Order with Multi Box Layout: Offset. The position of the turn order gui changes from the position set in the prefab during play. I can confirm this was working correctly before beta 7.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Dre788
    #,# might just not be a viable format, or format in a way that'd only show up for certain numbers. Not sure there - but this is up to C#'s float formatting.
    The previous bug was due to # also being used to separate the formatting info from the other information of the text code, this is fixed, so now it's up to C# :)

Will check out the turn order issue - might be due to the new handling for UI position resets that fixed the screen space camera canvas.
  • Does the Int Number Format in Text Display Settings control the formatting for int variable in text code? That's the only number I can't seem to format. Using #,# in Float with Format changes the float variable correctly so I know it works.
  • Hm, no - since variable formatting is handled by Makinom and that's an ORK setting.
    I'll look into it, maybe needs an Int with Format text code :)
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove
    Sounds good.
    A small bug, input sliders don't seem to change the correct value when you use horizontal key. In Value Option Dialogue I have Value Change set to 1 and I'm getting random value changes instead.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Dre788
    I'll check it out - what are the min/max values the slider can have in that case?
  • @gamingislove
    I just have it set 1to 48. It stops at 48 correctly, it just skips numbers instead of going by 1.
  • edited September 2021
    @Dre788
    Did a quick test of input sliders (both int and float), definitely working fine here - might be your input key or the cursor timeout settings (UI > UI Boxes > General Settings).
    Post edited by gamingislove on