• I could've sworn this was fixed in 7.2.1 and is rebroken in .2, and we've talked about it before actually - but now the combatants don't work correctly unless they are in the root of the scene. So, in .1, for example, you could walk up to a character and it would say "Talk to X" (if object X has a scene object component). But now it's blank. If you place the same character into the root, suddenly "Talk to X" reappears. And that's not all, for example, a combatant will not join your party unless he is in the root, etc.
  • edited July 2016
    There is a bug in the Spawn Combatant node. By default, the useGroup is enabled, but the moment you disable the box, the Ork editor automatically becomes blank and it just freeze. You can't close the editor, so the only way is to close Unity itself for the Ork editor to work again.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited August 2016
    When using the "New Gui", the choice buttons are ignoring the "Text Alignment" field.
    The text in the button is always created aligned to the left, regardless of the values selected in the "Choice Settings" for the GUI Box.

I have set every parameter to "middle" or "Center", and the text is still aligned to the left. Inspecting the Text object in the hierarchy at runtime verifies that it is set incorrectly, and not a font or text issue.

Edit: Correction - it looks like it has sized the text objects incorrectly too large and is trying to center the text object itself, instead of just setting the centered flag on the object. This wouldn't be a problem if it set the alignment on the Text component, and just fully sized them.

Note: It appears that the internal width calculation for the text is somehow off. If I set the "font size" on the font to 16, it sizes the text object correctly. If I set the font size to 32, it doubles the size of the text object. (Even though the actual text remains the same size, just clearer and nicer looking)
    Post edited by jaimi on
  • edited September 2016
    Updated to Unity 5.4.0 yesterday and also Ork from 2.5.3 to 2.7.2, it compiled everything without any problems and I've been working on my project.

It worked in the morning, though when I open Unity now, press play button, it hands before my main menu and keep doing thousands of messages.

So I guess I have to downgrade it to 5.3.X..it was actually weird that it was working on 5.4 for a while now it doesn't.

Edit: Can't really downgrade to any proper version, tried 5.3.6, that couldn't even bake my lightmaps as it hanged every time. Tried 5.3.0, it has problems with compiling scripts. I'm really tired of this non-sense obstacles..
    "Error adding system: Data not available" when I press play button. I'm screwed, re-importing everything.

Solved after re-importing all assets and re-baking light scenes. Holy crap, I thought I've lost my project. Didn't know there is a bug from Unity 5.2 with non-directional lights.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • @Machal
    Never upgrade a project to a new Unity version without having a backup :)
    You never know what might not work in the new version.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a small, annoying problem. It's not a bug, but it makes it make work a bit difficult...

Well, in my country hotkey "alt+a" means "ą". And in the ORK it clear all text. So I can't write in my language.
  • edited September 2016
    @TAL
    You can disable the custom text area in Editor > Editor Settings for now. I could add options to only disable the custom hotkeys for text editing - but they're all using CTRL and not ALT. ALT+A is not an ORK hotkey.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • in the grid battles part 1 tutorial, you say to set the Blocked cell's blocked cell setting to disabled, this should be enabled.
  • Unity 5.4.1 and ORK 2.8 I was searching though Even actions in Game Events and got this error and Ork framework windows was all screwed up.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor.ShowNodes (ORKFramework.BaseNode start, ORKFramework.BaseNode[] nodes)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsSection.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
  • @hellwalker
    Can't replicate that - can you give me more information, e.g. what did you search for, and if you searched in the node's settings, which node was it?
  • I started a new project and was following game tutorial to setup the basics.
    I was in a status value section, clicked Events, used promt to save the changes.
    In events I added Join active group node and was searching for spawn when this happened.
  • There is smth weird going on with Grid Mouse selection, it seems to select wrong cells.
    Here is the video to show what I mean
  • Ok figured it out, The Battle trigger's collision was messing with it. I updated Layer mask in Battle Grid Settings and removed Ignore Raycast. Now seems to work
  • Yep, the grid mouse selection uses raycasting to find the nearest cell - you should limit it to only hit the layer of the ground (where the cells are placed), and have other things in the way be on a different layer.
  • edited October 2016
    I think I found a bug!
    Remember that tutorial you wrote Gil? for simpleStart (new battle event) [Tutorial 23]
    The second camera change were you change the FOV back to 40? if you don't use a fade it wont change the position and leaves it at FOV 150.

I just tested it and added fade quad in and it worked fine, Yank it back out and it broke again!

As a refresher here's where I found you and Juupo talking about it from last year:
    http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/2321/tutorial-23-issue-second-change-camera-position/p1
    Post edited by paulgswanson on