• hello, this is my 1º comment :)

I think you did a great job with version 2.9, but when i updated my proyect, the bestiary disappeared:

This is normal?
  • When replacing the leader combatant during a turn based battle [change member], it remains as the leader [the one you control outside of combat], even though it's no longer in the party.
  • edited January 2017
    Using Unity 5.5.0f3 & ORK 2.9.1
    also using New UI not legacy for the UI

I created a menu screen for button list that calls : Inventory menu screen that uses tabs for different types of items, and same with abilities. I have all menu screens (inventory etc) to use screen combatant.

I'm getting this error after in game testing the UI menu screens, while in game there are no errors, but once I get out and then go back into Ork Framework Window, this error pops up in console and the Ork framework window is blank/empty. I have to close the ork tab window and reopen a new one.

first error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Menu.Parts.InventoryMenuPart.ChangeCombatant (ORKFramework.Combatant old)
    ORKFramework.Menu.MenuScreen.set_Combatant (ORKFramework.Combatant value)
    ORKFramework.MenuHandler.Clear ()
    ORKFramework.ORK.Initialize (.ORKProjectAsset project)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

second error:
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.SaveEditorSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnDestroy ()
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

Post edited by tribbles on
  • edited January 2017
    @Raiulyn
    Will be fixed in the next update.

@Alejmans
    Yeah, the bug has already been reported elsewhere and will be fixed in the next update :)

@Maximal
    Will be fixed in the next udpate.

@tribbles
    I can't reproduce that - can you send me a Unity test project where this occurs to contact@orkframework.com?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok so I figured out what is causing the error message. At run time I'm opening up the menu screens just testing the tabs on the inventory menu and then press exit runtime, then I click on ork framework window tab to go into ork, and the error pops up.

This error only happens if I exit runtime while the Menu is open in game, if i exit menu then exit runtime/play then there is no error.
  • Yep, stopping the game when in menu did the trick - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2017
    I think i found a bug, i can start a realtime battle when combatants are going to me so the battle start and end event are working properly, but when another enemy in the scene see me it can't start the battle a 2nd time

Fixed : unchecking the use scene id did it
    Post edited by Tr1nome on
  • Thank you so much GiL , dude I don't know how to say this but .... YOU ARE AWESOME! Your hard work is appreciated! I was debating on whether to buy Playmaker or Makinom... I will be buying Makinom because of your hard work ethic and support!
  • @tribbles
  • edited January 2017
    I think I might have found a small bug--

Had a moment where I forgot how colliders work, sorry about that. Please disregard.
    Post edited by LNMRae on
  • edited January 2017
    Hey GiL, Just wanted to let you know the Upgrade Settings under Status Development is bugging out in the window. When trying to open up the Upgrade Settings and adding a new status upgrade, opening the tabs makes the window bug out and become distorted. It's an editor bug, not ingame bug. This occurs some of the time.

I just wanted to give you a heads up. Thank you!
    Post edited by tribbles on
  • @tribbles
    That has already been reported and will be fixed in the next update :)
  • The "can use recipe" event node returns "failed" even when the actor[player] knows the recipe and have all the ingredients.
  • After the update, Unity crashes with an error after loading the Active Time Battle component, which worked before.
    The crash comes about 0,5s after loading the scene with combatants and HUD with an error:

ORKFramework.BattleMenuItem.AddToMenu (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, ORKFramework.Combatant owner, ORKFramework.BattleMenu bm)
    ORKFramework.BattleMenu.GetMenu (ORKFramework.Combatant owner)
    ORKFramework.ActiveBattleMenu.Show (Boolean reset)
    ORKFramework.ActiveBattleMenu.Show ()
    ORKFramework.Combatant.ShowBattleMenu ()
    ORKFramework.CombatantActions.Choose (Boolean newTurn)
    ORKFramework.ActiveTimeBattle.TickGroup (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 group)
    ORKFramework.ActiveTimeBattle.TimeTick ()
    ORKFramework.ActiveTimeBattle.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.Battle.Tick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()

The update didn't reset any settings and I couldn't fine any fault from our side, since we haven't even changed anything pre-patch.

GiL, can you please investigate this error as soon as possible? The timing is very important for us at the moment with our project and this issue is stopping us.
  • edited February 2017
    1. It is possible to remove the only player in a group using a Call Key for the Group "Remove" option. This behavior does not occur when using Remove as a button so I assume it is not intended.

2. When using Change/Remove as buttons it seems the Change option is always on/active by default and this option seems to block/interfere with Click Actions - by contrast the Remove option, when active, does not interfere with Click Actions (trying to use Click Action to Change Menu User). *Also, note: this is using New UI and possibly related to the issue we covered earlier regarding undefined prefabs.
    Post edited by SilverFlame on