• - I'd like to add unlimited number of additional variables with values or strings to items...

- It would be great if the system could allow for multi-classes or combinations.

- It would also be great if we could have Races/SubRaces operating much like classes too...
  • edited July 2015
    @ GiL,

Just to re-list my own personal wishlist for future development of ORK (so please feel free to ignore!). I've tried to put them in some sort of order:-

- easy setup inventories/containers within inventories/containers - so bags, belts, boxes in sacks or chests etc within other inventories/containers - a must;

- easier sorting, folding, unfolding and filtering when creating new items, item types, classes, abilities etc - to make it easier to create all when creating a very large background database... - a must;

- multiple class players and combination of classes (not just single class per player) as well as sub-classes, elite classes - a must;

- races and subraces (independent of classes) - a must;

- support for different languages (as in languages in the rpg world) and understanding what is said etc - tie in with dialogue system asset;

- easier setup for ui and selection of race, class etc at outset, and for multiple player characters;

- alignments - perhaps slideable - ie. good-neutral-evil, lawful-neutral-chaotic, also user definable, tied in to factions, support for love/hate on this?;

- additional user-defined variables/strings/values for items;

- as with crafting, spell combining, cumulative effects system - at least in design but perhaps also in game?;

- more on time, night/day, weather, environmental effects on player, food and drink effects, thirst, starvation, lack of sleep, exhaustion;

- pantheons, gods etc, on start-up, perhaps tied to factions, support for love/hate;

- more on calendar, re-design and user-defined calendar, days of the week, months, moon phases, festivals, seasons, years, ages etc;

- more of mapping, mini-maps, tied also to abilities;

- auto-biography - so, for starters, writing / constructing background, but then also creating history for player as you go;

- glossary/index - more on ui and easy creation of glossary and key words as character learns about races, monsters, locations etc;

- dialogue - more on review of previous dialogues;

- import/export of sqlite (pref ORM SimpleSQL);

- import/export of Inventory Pro inventory and perhaps direct tie-in and support for it;

- star signs?
    Post edited by Duffer on
  • edited July 2015
    ui components use requirements for things like when you need to display multiple values to a text component would help with thing like multiple weapons but different ammo types ect just so you dont have to keep disabling an enabling ui objects
    Post edited by wtyson on
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • @Duffer 99% of that list is already doable you just have to implement it your self in events game variables object variables logs ect

and

- import/export of sqlite (pref ORM SimpleSQL);

- import/export of Inventory Pro inventory and perhaps direct tie-in and support for it;

itll never happen and not really needed :P

would like to see maybe a spread sheet upload for items an such that would be nice ^^
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • First let me say that ORK Framework is an excellent product overall.
    But it seems that it is primarily geared towards 3rd person RPGs.
    I'd like to see more native support for 1st person realtime games.
    It takes significant tinkering to get ORK to function like an Elder Scrolls or Fallout title.

Given the overwhelming popularity of 1st person games of a wide variety of genres
    (Shooting, Survival, Horror, RPG, etc) this is something you may want to address.

Cheers and thanks for all the work you've put into ORK.
  • @ gamingislove,

What are you next plans/ambitions for ORK?
  • @Duffer
    Great ambitions, but there's no publicly available roadmap :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does those ambitions include more timed attack options? I like the Wait for Input, but more mini-game attacks like in Paper Mario would be spendid!
  • @Griffin
    Can you give more details in what you'd need and want to achieve?
    Currently I'd say that's already possible with the available input and battle steps.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

I know that pressing a button (or button combination) within the time limit for an attack is possible. But are these:

1. Pressing a button in succession until time runs out, determining how strong the single attack will be when the time runs out.
    2. Pressing a button in succession until time runs out, in which each button press performs the same action over and over again.
    3. Slot Roulette (Wakka's Overdrive from Final Fantasy X)
    4. Pressing the button when a cursor moves over a certain point (Tidus Overdrive from Final Fantasy X)
  • Should all be possible by using input steps and variable steps, e.g. setting a variable to time+offset and creating a loop with the input step and a check variable step until the time exceeds the set variable.
  • Sounds too complicated for my brain. @_@
  • edited August 2015
    @gamingislove

Would it be possible to have a function that allows you to "Slow down" the gamespeed?

Ie I would love to see it be as the Pause Settings in Base Key Settings under Base/Control so I can bind it to a input key and then enable it and choose at what gamespeed it will run. For example by using Time.timeScale. Then I could have it set to 0.1 and have the game run at 10% of normal speed which would allow me to have a tactical part of my game without the pausing.

**EDIT - Another question... do you have any kind of character creation builtin with Ork yet? I guess not or I am missing it, otherwise that's something I really would love to see withing Ork since almost every RPG really fancy the character creation :)
    Post edited by thrilled on
  • @thrilled
    There's the Change Time Scale event step for that, e.g. create a game event using that step and use it in a global event that's started by an input key.
    There's no character creation built-in and probably never will be. You can do some stuff with the event system (e.g. add a combatant based on the player's choice).
  • hi gil:)

And [block move ai], in the same way, it is the want [block battle ai] step.