• @gamingislove
    Ah, I completely missed those nodes. I see them now. Thanks.
  • @gamingislove I'm having an issue with the touchscreen joystick input. The position will not change from the place you first touch it. The character will also keep moving in that direction until you lift your finger from the screen.

There's also the issue where if you enter and leave a battle (which uses a scene change) the joystick will be stuck in the same position it was prior to battle until you touch it again. This also causes the character to keep running in that direction.

I'm using the default Joystick Control Content (Sprite) in my HUD. I've tried changing the settings in the HUD Joystick Control Content component, such as disabling Place at Down (which just prevents movement entirely) and enabling Auto Release (which doesn't seem to work, even if I set it to 0.01).

The Input Origin for Horizontal and Vertical Movement is Unity Input Manager. I've also tried using Touch Input Origin, which I'm currently using for the camera. However, you need to keep swiping a direction to keep your character moving, and there doesn't seem to be a way to limit what parts of the screen are used for input (I'd like to use the left half for movement and the right half for the camera).

This isn't something essential, but I also noticed that if you change the colour on a HUD Input Display (Sprite) then this changes it permanently. Even if I set it to go back to the original colour when not pressed.
  • @TW0
    For Place At Down to work, the game object the HUD Joystick Control Content component is on needs to have something clickable on it, e.g. an Image component (even with no image or color with 0 alpha value). Also, the game object (rect transform) size defines the clickable area.
    Can confirm the input sticking if the HUD closes during input - will be fixed in the next update.
    Color changes seem to not go back to non-pressed when not using cursor over color change - only after the cursor (touch) is somewhere outside the input - will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    For Ork HUD Status Text Content, if you use Use Slot Icon with Status Type: Equipment, the slot icon only shows up when there isn't an item equipped. My goal is to have the Slot Icon always there regardless if something is equipped or not. The only way I can get an icon to show for equipped items is if I use Use Content Icon. But then the icon won't be visible for empty slots.
    Could we get some type of fallback selection for Ork HUD Status Text Content?
    (I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I'll put it here since all the available options results in inconsistent visuals.)
    Edit:I forgot to mention, if you use Slotname, the name returns as you expect for unequipped slots but equipped items do not return the Slotname. If I replace it with Typename, the item works but not the unequipped slot. There seems to be a hard divide between items and empty slots.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Dre788
    What are you using to display the equipment content? E.g. HUD Equipment Slot Content or HUD Equipment List components?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @Dre788
    Yep, can confirm - for an equipped slot it only forwards the equipment to the spawned shortcut UI prefab, not the entire slot.
    Will be changed in the next update.
  • This may be more of a "the way this works in Unity" instead of a bug but I think it causes unwanted behavior so.

Double clicking on a schematic slot will not give the "Must save first" message, taking you directly to schematics and losing any unsaved changes in Makinom/Ork editor.

So like:

Click on an Ability
    Change anything on the ability like Edit some text, change an icon.
    Double click the Battle Animation schematic or another schematic like Miss schematic.
    The schematic opens.
    Go back to abilities, all changes are now gone.

Thanks
  • @GeneralK
    I'll look into it.
  • The shapecast node's 3DBox type of shapecast seems to be malfunctioning. It may be casting a sphere or capsule shapecast by mistake.
  • @type4101
    Definitely using Physics.BoxCast, so it uses whatever Unity does for a box cast :)
  • For some reason a Battle's collider interferes with Grid Cells even though it is set as "Is Trigger" which I thought turns off actual collision for colliders.

Having a Battle over the top of Grid cells causes the combatant prefabs to spawn off of their cell (their position in the Grid Cells is correct but model is skewed off the collider somehow) and also interferes with highlight prefabs ie Grid move selection around the Battle sphere is all messed up / blocked mouse.

Obviously I simply moved the battle off the grid and problem is solved but it may cause confusion for people as to why some of their grid cells are acting odd.

Thanks!
  • @GeneralK
    Raycasts still hit triggers - so if your raycasts use a layer the battle's collider is on, that'll still be hit and used for placement.
  • gamingislove said: Definitely using Physics.BoxCast, so it uses whatever Unity does for a box cast :)
    So sorry for the false bug report!

But knowing it was not a bug did help me find the problem. In case you were wondering...it was the orientation setting in the shapecast node. When I changed the setting from the default Value (which correctly assumes the Vector3 entered is a rotation) to the machine object, the source of the vector3 defaults to the machine object's Position, rather than Rotation. My eyes-to-brain connection overlooked that (I looked that shapecast node over twenty times, at least). You can imagine the havoc that having the rotation of the shapecast be the position of its source would cause!

Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of that.
  • I have set Refund Costs for ResearchCost, but when I Cancel Research, it becomes another EquipShortcut instance.

I have Variable set for Equip.
    When I Cancel Research, the Variable disappears because it is a different EquipShortcut.
    I checked the GUID in debug mode and the EquipShortcut is a different GUID.
    This is a bug, right?
    I might be able to work around it by using ResearchTree's CancelSchematic or something to store ResearchCost in advance, but it's terribly inconvenient.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)