• @Jupi
    Found the issue, should be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Nice, Thank you!
  • IMoveToInteraction.MoveToInteractionStartet. should this be MoveToInteractionStarted?

if this is a bug and since it's part of the public API, changing it may be an issue (only usage is in MoveToInteractionComponent but user code could be affected). thought it might be worth reporting anyway.

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • @MMalone
    Ah, yeah ... typo, will be changed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • CheckStatusNode.Execute bug.

I have the following set in the editor:
    Combatant.Object: Player
    Combatant Scope: Group
    Store Combatants: true
    Data Key: activeCombatant
    Data Origin: Local
    Change Type: Set
    Condition Type: Status
    Status Needed: Turn State
    Turn State: In Turn
    Is Valid: checked (true)

selected data isn't being set and thus the node fails.
    since I wanted to show code, I'll email the rest of the bug report.

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • @gamingislove I think this bug relates to ORK3 (more Makinom than ORK3 I guess) and it is reproducible for me.

- I use Unity Apple Silicon 2021.3.11f1 and ORK3 3.8.0
    - The bug was already reproducible in the earlier version of ORK3

- Open Makinom (ALT+CMD+M)
    - Navigate to Status -> Status Development
    - Add some (2+) development settings with several Status Values (I did the tutorial here: https://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/status-system-setup/02-status-development/)
    - While adding the Development Settings DO NOT save the settings, and adjust them (e.g. changing the curve or the percentages)
    - After a while (depends on Development switches, I think) Unity will freeze and won't come back

I think it has something todo with the temporary handling of unsaved changes. Something similar (without hangup but a crash of unity) happens when editing Text Boxes and don't save the TEXTBOX this time (you have to edit the text and click cancel or OK to prevent the crash).

Hope this helps.
  • edited October 2022
    @thomas123
    I'll look into it, though I don't have any apple silicon device to test it.
    Generally, this sounds more like a Unity issue - data being unsaved or not, this is just a bit of data like in any other Unity editor.

Edit: Might be due to 2021.3 (and earlier) versions - try a Unity 2022 version, as recommended in this thread in the Unity forums.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited October 2022
    @gamingislove I tested 2022.1.19f1. The editor seems to respond smoother/faster.

But when I setup the abilities, I get the following error. If I can help you debugging it, please tell me how (as I am still new to unity :-D)

Edit: Switching back to 2021.3.11f and restoring to former Changeset will not solve the problem. Restoring a former ORK3 backup will NOT resolve the error messages.

Edit 2: It seems reproducible for me. I've restored to a backup from yesterday (PlasticSCM + ORK3). Then I added a new ability (then I deleted the default one to be safe) and set it up as described in the tutorial. As soon as I click on "Ability Settings" the error occurs. The amount of errors raises when moving the mouse (OnGUI Trigger?). Switching into another Tab won't stop the errors anymore, once they showed up.

Edit 3: Not using the buttons on the Top ( Content Information, Ability Settings, ... ) is a workaround for me now. Then I am able to change the values as desired.

Edit 4: Saving Settings after setting up the ability will throw Warnings now

```
    Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:7578e288df03b46ffa1510acedc8e516) "Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/EditorData.asset"
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    ```
    Post edited by thomas123 on
  • @thomas123
    The GetLastRect related error has already been reported by others - while I was unable to reproduce it on my end, I've already added some safeguards and a setting to turn off the feature that's responsible for this (the context menu copy/paste for settings that was added in ORK 3.8). Will be in the next update.

As for the warning regarding the EditorData asset - try deleting that asset (found in Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/.
    It only holds some editor stuff, e.g. last opened section/tab or the list of last opened schematics. It doesn't contain any game data and will be recreated the next time the editor is used.
  • edited October 2022
    @gamingislove Thank you. So I can continue my setup as it shouldn't destroy the "database".

Deleting the asset did solve the warning. The asset was recreated.

I did some more tests about the other problem. It does not seem to occur in every menu. Only more complex ones (in a special structure/substructure).
    It started when I was rolling back to a earlier Changeset. I saw, that I do not track special kind of assets inside the PlasticSCM. This is for assets I want to test. It could be possible, that I messed some references up with this configuration. I had some "Missing Sprite Assets" configurations (I hopefully have fixed). Could this be the root cause of the problem?

And yes, I will change my SCM-Settings :-)
    Post edited by thomas123 on
  • @thomas123
    Might be (regarding SCM). Also, I'd recommend changing ORK/Makinom's data format to XML String when using SCM or similar solutions for sharing or backing up. This'll make merging possible.
    You can find that setting in Game > Game Settings.
  • I have a problem with rounding. Maybe it's a bug:

I can make an ability that does 8 damage to a target with no armor, but if I change from Value to Random—say, 4-8 damage, it will never hit 8 damage. Even if I change it to 7-8, the damage will always be 7.
  • @Scyra
    That's up to the Rounding, e.g. if the None rounding is used, you'll only get 8 damage if you actually hit 8, 7.99 would be cut off to 7, since status values only use whole numbers. Either change the rounding of the status change or the default rounding in the game settings (to use it for all roundings using the Default rounding).
  • I forgot to mention it but I did try that already; changed Default Rounding from None to Round. Now that I'm testing it again it seems there is no problem. Maybe I had an improbable string of bad luck when I tested it before, or maybe I needed to restart Unity or something.
  • I don't know the conditions, but the shortcut seems to be causing problems with the latest version.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantShortcuts.GetList (System.Int32 index) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.HUDShortcutSlotListSettings.GetSlots (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Components.HUDShortcutSlotListContentComponent.UpdateContent () (at <1d3b5474298a4a198f1ddd4972b67cd1>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDContentProviderComponent.FireChanged () (at <8296d5956b5d4ea285dcec4a7d6de3bd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDContentProviderComponent.ForceUserUpdate (System.Object newUser) (at <8296d5956b5d4ea285dcec4a7d6de3bd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDContentProviderComponent.set_User (System.Object value) (at <8296d5956b5d4ea285dcec4a7d6de3bd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.HUDContentProviderComponent.Init (System.Object user, System.Int32 inputID) (at <8296d5956b5d4ea285dcec4a7d6de3bd>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.CombatantObjectHUDInstance.SetCombatant (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantUI.Open () (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantUI.CheckFaction () (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant.FireGroupChanged () (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant.SetGroup (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group g) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group.Join (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant combatant, System.Boolean showNotification, System.Boolean showConsole) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatant.BaseInit (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantSetting cs, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group group, System.Boolean showNotification, System.Boolean showConsole, System.Boolean loadGame) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantSetting.Create (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group group, System.Boolean showNotification, System.Boolean showConsole) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantAccessHandler.CreateInstance (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantSetting setting, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group group, System.Boolean showNotification, System.Boolean showConsole, System.Int32 level, System.Int32 classLevel, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Class startClass, System.Boolean loadGame, System.Boolean learnAbilities, System.Boolean useStartInventory, System.Boolean useStartEquipment, System.Boolean useInitSchematic, System.Boolean useStatusEffects) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.CombatantInit.Create (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Group group, System.Boolean allowLevelZone, UnityEngine.Vector3 position) (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Components.AddCombatant.Start () (at <8a744d1e22c845c28d32a40046d14339>:0)