• Catacomber said: Thanks, Kaema--you were one of the ones who helped me. : )

There's something about your spirit and enthusiasm and helpfulness that would keep anyone going, even in a doubting moment. : )
    I am honored by this! :)
    Even if i am not completing any games, it is already an achievement to help other indie developer to deliver a final product, even with just one suggestion!
    Is it wonderful that we are sharing the same engine and you (and others like you) can submit a complete RPG to the Store. Somehow, i feel so proud. ^_^

Already Congratulations Cat!
    Catacomber said: 7XP43L343HN4
    I used this promo code, and first one was already grabbed. Be ready for opinions (here) and a 5-stars review on the store! :D

• Remember, if you use one of our promo codes, please either post here or pm me so I can keep track. I only get so many.
  • @Kaemalux--thanks for the courtesy of letting me know you used the Promo code. : )

"Even if i am not completing any games, it is already an achievement to help other indie developer to deliver a final product, even with just one suggestion!
    Is it wonderful that we are sharing the same engine and you (and others like you) can submit a complete RPG to the Store. Somehow, i feel so proud. ^_^"

Omber took me about six months to finish---during that time--I felt the same--even though I wasn't completing a game, it was an achievement to help people here.

It is truly wonderful we share the same engine and that it is actually really good.

: )

You'll get there at your own pace. I have faith in you and in our ORK engine.

I think you are putting a lot of work into using ORK to the max---I touched so lightly on a lot of the things Ork can do just to get done. I was probably a little lazier than I should have been but I was worn out trying to get Unity 64 bit working. : )
  • Catacomber said: Kim Kardashian had an app out for 0.99 cents and it was pretty big so maybe our price module might not be so bad after all.
    Yeah, that would be a powerful argument for Khloe Kardashian or Beyonce or someone similar with a nationwide clout and built-in audience. ;)
    I hope you'll get great sales though.
  • I literally ate it yesterday, i spent almost 5 hours playing and i managed to kill that evil wizard. :)

It is such a nice game, with a perfect environment: i felt like playing old M&M /first-person RPG games and i actually loved it. :)

I enjoyed the game deeply, but as i like you so much Cat i must also write what could be improved. :)

a)Movement:
    -Controls are not hurting at all, and they are smooth in my option, but the characters is quite slow, improving the speed would help.
    b)Combat:
    -Damage is quite high, i killed almost everything with 1-2 hits. But i didn't bother about it, as i personally enjoyed quests and the story itself.
    -Fight is a bit messy: i cannot understand properly if i hit enemy, if the enemy is attaching me... I think it is due to notifications instead of a "combat" console, maybe in future you could consider to switch on a temporary-visible console (showing damage, hit, miss... even of the character only...)
    c) Quests
    They are wonderful and mind-stimulating, loved them! Actually i only missing 4-6 i think but i will ask about them specifically in the last part. ^^
    - At a certain point, i couldn't open special items tab regarding quest items anymore: i suppose you have two categories with same name "Special Items" one for ores, keys etc.. and one for quest items, i cannot remember at which point (probably doing mines or Dead men quests...) but i had two choices with exact name and i could open just one, the one containing mats / ores / keys...
    - i would have liked a small dialogue / popup with quest reward listed. Or even wrote down on complete quest tab. :)
    - Maybe suggest if the quest could change the reputation / crime ?
    d) Interactions:
    - I love run and find something on the ground / in objects, but sometimes auto starting events could annoy the player, why don't you use an interaction HUD to start dialogues that happen in houses / buildings? So the player can choose to start or not to start it. ^^
    - Related to first one, maybe interaction box could be improved, i am not an expert of ORK3D but maybe adjusting colliders would be better, or even pushing back the player some units when the event end, so it is not kept in interaction every thick. If you use an Interaction HUD as above, maybe the problem will not be relevant. :D
    e) UI:
    - i like the style but i think it can be made a bit clearer: information window for equipment is too small, often bonus are not displayed entirely. Maybe you could set up inventory without choosing the combatant before, you add the selection at item usage, so the player will have the change to cancel the use of drinks etc...
    - Any chance to display gold somewhere, even in general tab. ?
    - damage notifications could be bigger and a bit slower, sometimes i simply missed them (traps are nice! :D)
    f) General:
    - Crafting is nice, and even mining, but maybe a confirmation box at forges would be better.
    - there is a NPC in Somes' tower that take gold bars for gold equipments: there is no cancel box, so you are forced to choose an item and consume bars even if you don't want to. :)
    - maybe some areas could be set entirely on RT battle areas, i would be thrilled even more in Somes' tower or in dungeons if there is the possibility to always find an enemy (even if there isn't :D)
    - What help can the Ent give? I just equipped every spare equipment on him (and of course it is envolved in quests) but is there something more i missed? ^^

At the moment that's all!

Still congratulation for the game, it is a wonderful indie RPG and i enjoyed it totally. I will reviewed it wit top-score in every available spot!

Have a nice day Cat, and keep it up! :)
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks, Kaema. :) Let me absorb all this and see if I can do them one by one. I am doing an update. And made the speed faster. All your comments are very useful. Let's see what I can do. : ). I like the idea about interact and all the others. Thanks so much! The damage was meant to be high as my players are like the quests and exploring more. Maybe I can adjust this in the castle so those monsters are harder.

I think a combat console would be nice but I don't know how to do that. Will have to ask. :)

I don't have two categories for Special Items. I think that might be a bug. Will have to send a test project to Gil. I mentioned it to him.

I like that about pushing back the player at the end of the event. Have to ask about that.

Gold is displayed in your inventory as an item but I can put it someplace else too.

Re crafting, forging, mining---what kind of confirmation box would you like? Need more info. :)

The Ent is there basically to provide companionship and talk to you from time to time. The spell Tangle is his.

Can you tell me more about what you mean by some areas set entirely on RT battle areas? To find an enemy even if there isn't? :)
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I sent you a private message! ^_^

However:
    - i can help you with combat console, i set it up in my game quite easily first time. :)
    - maybe there is some category conflict that aren't immediatly shown, try to check about inventory / quest items / special items. :)
    - i prefer currency to be always visible, but it is my own taste. :D
    - As i wrote you in the PM, when the player auto-start forge/mining event add a dialogue: "A forge! Want to use it?" or something like that!
    - If you need help about interaction HUD just ask. ^^
    - about RT areas, is it to thrill the player that could face an enemy even it isn't there: some old games i used to play (and love) had some kind of notifications even if enemies were all killed or really far, just to make the player be always in alert. Maybe you could add that just in dungeons or special chambers like Somes'one, lich's one...

Glad to help. :)
  • I answered your pm. Thanks so much for your help. :)
  • Congratulations for going live Cata :)

I have no IOS devices myself.... but I have followed your project for a while regardless :D
  • Now it's "our" project. Kaemalux has kindly offered to help. :)

Thanks very much, thrilled.
  • edited June 2015
    Holy Guacamole with tacos! Just update Omber to Unity 5.1 and the newest Ork Framework and things work!!! Out of the box!

Except for the black holes in the skies but I know how to fix that!

Between this and the news about the Makinom Plugin, am dying of supremely agonizing delight. :)
  • edited June 2015
    Omber has been nominated for game of the week at Touch Arcade. If you've tried the game and like it, please vote for us. We need your support.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=264434

photo Vote.jpg

• edited June 2015
    Wish I had an iOS device. I would give this and WizzardIsle a try.
    Congrats on publishing!

Now, I need to get back to work and finish mine :)

EDIT: I just found a PC demo on your website!
    Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • edited July 2015
    Update has been submitted to the app store. The timer on the dialogues with npc's seems to work well to make it much easier to pull away from a dialogue so we didn't go to an Interact button since the timer works well. Thanks, Kirb, for that. : ) Thanks, gil, too, it's your timer. : )

We substituted a new shield and changed the positioning of the shield. I'm still not totally satisfied but it's more natural. Will be looking around for arms that are easier to pose. So Skyrim view of weapons is for a future update. I actually love playing Omber. : ) So testing the update was painless. I found some typos overlooked before. : )

Here are the current changes---it was just submitted to the App store so waiting for review. I hope you like the changes. : ) If I didn't include an update someone asked for it's because I don't have the time to do it right now but will consider it for the future.

The update by the way is made with Unity 5.1. The binary size is much larger than that made with Unity 4.6--the API's are larger so I hope Apple still approves it. Fingers crossed. : )

Player movement speed increased.
    It's easier to pull away from dialogues in the scene.
    Orientation of shield changed. (Shield actually is different.)
    Dialogue boxes made bigger.
    Tooltips' size adjusted.
    Armor now has subcategories in your Inventory.
    Exit button added to Main Menu Screen--this is not at all necessary on ios--actually it's old-fashioned but someone asked and it was important to them and we could do it and so, yah. : )
    Some new armor and weapons added.
    Shops now have shop talk where the shopowner describes his wares.
    Quest descriptions changed for two quests to show accurate location of quest givers.
    Icons for Open and Closed Quests now have their own text description underneath the icons.
    Menu beeps removed.
    Quest description now lets you know whether completing the quest will decrease your Reputation or increase your Crime.
    Forging altars now give you choice of forging there or not.
    Some graphical improvements and typos fixed.

The double view in the Inventory for Special Items somehow magically seems to have disappeared using Unity 5.1. : )
  • edited September 2015
    New update has been submitted to the appstore. I will have to change all my screenshots.

: ) I learned a lot more about ORK while doing the update---somethings I had to figure out for myself---that is I wanted to try to figure them out for myself---I always get quick and wonderful help here but wanted to try to see how some things work myself--sometimes was successful and sometimes needed the usual wonderful help here from Gil and everyone who answered my meows. Still have a lot to learn.

Keeping fingers crossed the update will be approved. Do not recommend updating from Unity 4.6 to 5.x. Unless you're desperate. : ) Very hard.

Note: There are so many changes, players will not be able to use their old save files if updating.

--More polished graphics, including larger font, smoothed terrain textures, new backgrounds and icons.
    --The Interact icon----You now see a question mark icon on the screen at any point where you can interact with a person or object. It's your choice to tap on it or not.
    --Create Your Character scene redone.
    --Resistance Hideout and Dynamite Mines have been redone.
    --Damage to opponent notifications improved.
    --New teleporter in the temple.
    --New items added to find or buy--new weapons, new spell, new armor, books and traps.
    --Some opponents are harder.
    --Two new quests added--Guide to Other Dimensions from Mage Gemineye in Spider Wood and Match the Scrolls from Beazly Sidwax in the Pits.
    --Other new non-player characters added to interact with--Andy and his faithful dogs in the Resistance Hideout.
    --Dialogues now show quest rewards after completing a quest and battle gains after finishing a battle.
    --Battle changed slightly--you now have a team of three undead spirits to help you fight in addition to Root--tap the hotbar icon to use their different attacks and your own attack. You can level up the damage they do as you gain experience.
    --Single inventory for the player.
    --New Sword and Shield.
    --Although Omber is meant to be played in landscape mode--it looks better now if you choose to play in portrait mode.
    --Minor bugfixes.