• @gamingislove
    Okay, after a few grueling hours of process of elimination, I managed to figure out what was the problem. (I think) When I load the home screen of the game, there is a Menu List with two options to choose from. This Menu List sits on a UI Layer along with other menus item that exist on the Home screen. Once I changed that specific Menu List to a higher UI Layer(sorting order), the behavior in the save menu returned to normal.

I don't know why that fixed it but it did. Through process of elimination, that is the reason the save menu wasn't receiving focus when you closed the Delete File Question.
  • @Dre788
    Strange ... was that menu opened at the time?
    Otherwise it shouldn't have any impact and can't receive focus.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    It only happened after I opened and closed the Menu List that was causing the problem. No other menu was ever opened during the saving/loading process. I'm completely lost why a closed menu on a specific layer would cause the save menu to switch it focus. Here is how I original had it set up and what I changed it to.
    1. Menu List on UI Layer > Canvas (Sorting Order 6)
    2. Save Menu on UI Layer > Canvas (Sorting Order 12)
    3. Changed Menu List to > Canvas (Sorting Order 13)
  • @Dre788
    Still can't recreate it - if you want me to look into it, I'll need a Unity test project where it happens :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    I doubt I can recreate it in a fresh project, it seems like a ghost issue specific to my set up. But if I come across a similar issue I'll attempt to find the root cause so you can look more into.
  • In Battle Menus, clicking on "Add Option" got this, restarting the editor, still same message. It seems that it works so maybe is nothing:

ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at <04b2664316804d17bf325b884567dc2b>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at <04b2664316804d17bf325b884567dc2b>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <9959c9185b684a4d9d56448296fb9048>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <9959c9185b684a4d9d56448296fb9048>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorTool.BeginSetting (System.String name, System.Boolean horizontal) (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorTool.ShowButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, System.String helpText, System.String helpInfo, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption option) (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditorTab.AfterScrollView () (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetListTab`2[T,V].ShowTab () (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.BaseEditorSection.ShowTab () (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <5fbed5e202ec4b0f85751d952115b296>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <9959c9185b684a4d9d56448296fb9048>:0)
    UnityEditor.MaximizedHostView.OldOnGUI () (at <9959c9185b684a4d9d56448296fb9048>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render () (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <1aaa12d3c5d64d42836d89caff78b60b>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <04b2664316804d17bf325b884567dc2b>:0)
  • @dorusoftware
    You can ignore those kind of errors - they're just coming from a GUI state missmatch in the editor and have no impact on functionality.
    Are you on the latest ORK version (currently 3.13)?
  • edited April 2023
    yes, 3.13 and unity 2021.3.23f1
    Post edited by dorusoftware on
  • Looks like I'm getting a stack overflow error when I use Status Check/Fork for Equipment in the Status Effect->Schematics. I'm trying to check if the target of the status effect has a certain equipment on. This is the error I get from that.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/el9scnky0lsrz3e/error.png?dl=0
  • @Dre788
    Yeah ... seems like you created a loop.
    Your effect starts a schematic on apply, which adds the effect again, which starts the schematic, which adds the effect, etc.
  • @gamingislove
    Ah, I was using Change Status Effect in the status effect itself and I didn't realize it was re-applying the effect and creating a loop. I mistook the culprit for status check. I was trying to change the duration but it doesn't look like I can do it while in the status effect itself.
  • @gamingislove
    I've been struck by another problem out of nowhere. When I try to set a Condition (in abilities->User Settings) and use the Target as the Game Object, the Target is not used successfully. Instead it seems to always use the User. I tested this by setting the Status Condition as Faction->Enemy and had the enemy recover itself if it's true.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/01top9xu2fvwf7i/target problem.png?dl=0
    When the enemy attacks the player it also recovers regardless if I set the Game Object to Target or User.

I'm not sure if its something on my end but I haven't a clue what could be causing this. I've tested this with abilities and equipment and I get the same results.
  • @Dre788
    Status effect - since this is happening during apply, the effect isn't applied at that state. You can impact the duration e.g. by using a formula instead.

The user changes always have the user as user and target, since they're used independent of the target(s). Instead, you can set up a target change and use the Switch User/Target setting to do changes on the user with the target involved.
  • edited May 2023
    @gamingislove
    Status effect - since this is happening during apply, the effect isn't applied at that state. You can impact the duration e.g. by using a formula instead.
    Yes, I'll switch to the formula.
    gamingislove said: The user changes always have the user as user and target, since they're used independent of the target(s). Instead, you can set up a target change and use the Switch User/Target setting to do changes on the user with the target involved.
    Thanks for the reply but after further reevaluation it seems I'd been approaching my problem from the wrong perspective entirely. I should have been using Attack/Defense Modifiers the entire time. I passively ignored them because I believed at first glance I didn't need them. I was wrong. lol
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited May 2023
    @gamingislove I think there's a small bug with multi boxes, both with a selection cursor, and one with Show Only Focused to true and one false, with the false one not staying hidden.

I have one box for Battle Combatants, and one for Reserve Combatants. Other than position, boxes are identical as are HUDs.

Under the Battle Combatants, I have the UI Selection Cursor set to Show Only Focused = false. The reserve, has this set to true. I want the Battle member cursor to stay up always, but only show the reserve when you're picking who to swap with.

However, the second box is always showing unless I cancel out of the input, where it will hide until I make another movement.

The actual changing / action menu stuff works as expected, just a display thing with the cursors.
    Post edited by Acissathar on