• I used ORK2 to release PS4 and Nintendo Switch games.

I encountered the problem that it was necessary to customize the save data and it took a lot of time to start the game, but all the other functions of ORK were compatible with the PS4 and Nintendo Switch environment.

I tried to operate ORK3 a little, but it seems that the dissatisfaction point of ORK2 has been greatly improved.
    Thank you for your wonderful work.

I am considering using ORK in my next work!

I look forward to working with you!
  • @shinanoishiguro2
    That looks great. Congraz getting on the ps channel.

@gamingislove
    Ok, it's loading again.

I installed the new input system and the extension with the hope of creating a user rebind menu. Will ork/makinom allow runtime rebinding using the input system?

• @shinanoishiguro2
    Great job - I followed all your updates on the game over the years on Twitter :)
    Looking forward to your next works!

@Dre788
    That should usually work out of the box - ORK/Makinom in that setup just use the input asset you created with the input system, so what's driving the input internally of the asset shouldn't have any impact on it.
    Same if you'd use something like Rewired (there's also an extension available for that).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove Is there something that needs to be set on the UIBox itself in order to get the Color / Offset changes to work? I've tried setting the offset to a crazy high value and color to a bright pink, but nothing is being moved or changed.

I did a console write schematic as a test and I can verify they're being called, but the UI itself isn't moving or changing?

My initial assumption is that it's something with selected data and I don't actually have the UI Box there? I've tried with new UI boxes to ensure all the components are there (I noticed my old boxes don't have the color change) but still not seeing any movement or color change.

Somewhat related, would it be possible to have a Node for modifying the Canvas Group for given UI objects, maybe as just a toggle under Change Color/Alpha? The main reason is that I have some UI elements that don't have the same alpha, so having to set up individual schematics for each prefab/box given some might have combinations would be a hassle. The alpha setting on the Canvas Group lets you just control it from 0-1 and handle all the children.

The main thing I'd like is to hook into the interpolation options that fading already uses (granted the other options like interactable / raycasting are also sometimes relevant as well)
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove
    I'm setting up Rewired and I'm running into a problem with the inputs. I have the input handling set to down but when I press them during play both up and down input happens.

Edit: Ok, I've tested Rewired outside of Ork beta and I've tested the other input options (up, hold) and it's only happening with the extension set to down.

Edit2: Rewired extension doesn't seem to work with Interactive Machine -> Key Press -> Input Key. I tested it with and without it and the rewired input option seems to be the problem.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Acissathar
    You need a UI Color Changer component on the UI box - the default setups (via scene hierarchy context menu) should have them already attached.

Also, a Canvas Group component (also attached on default setup) can be used for alpha-only fading. If a canvas group is available, it'll always be used for the alpha values, even when a UI color changer is available (i.e. color changer will use full alpha color values in that case) - this results in a consinstant transparency handling :)

If neither color changes or moving via the new UI nodes is working, I assume you're using the wrong selected data setup - make sure it's Local origin and key ui.

@Dre788
    I'll check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Awesome to hear Canvas Group is already accounted for, and while I had everything else, I missed having it set to Local origin. Working as expected now, thank you!
  • @Dre788
    I've updated the Rewired script to version 1.0.1, fixing the issue. You can download it via Makinom's extension manager or the website.
  • @gamingislove
    Cool, that did the trick.
    Dre788 said: Edit2: Rewired extension doesn't seem to work with Interactive Machine -> Key Press -> Input Key. I tested it with and without it and the rewired input option seems to be the problem.
    This was my fault. I didn't realize I needed to reset the playerprefs for user data store to properly register the new inputs I added. That's the reason it was not responding. Everything is working fine now.
  • edited September 2021
    ORK 3 BETA 9 is here!
    Quick update with support for values from CSV files in bool, int, float and string value selection fields. Also, input components (for Unity UI module) can now override the UI box's input schematics.
    And finally, battle menus and menu screens get a little bit closer to each other - battle menus can call menu screens via the new Menu Screen battle menu item, menu screens (ability/inventory related) now have a Target Range setting (instead of On Screen Combatant to either use on menu user, select a target from the user's group or from all available combatants (spawned combatants in use range of ability/item).

See all details on the beta page.

Just a heads up - BETA 10 will most likely break a few things again :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Any spoilers on what to look forward to that? :)
  • In Abilities on an Ability under User Changes the Target Hit being uncheck is not being recognized as unchecked, only making changes if a target is hit. I'm trying to have it make the user changes regardless if a target was hit or not.

Also the tooltip on the Damage Dealer component has the Trigger Exit and Trigger Stay descriptions flipped, same as well for Collision Exit and Collision Stay descriptions.
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • @Acissathar
    Get ready to set up status changes in abilities and items again (i.e. use costs, user/target changes).
    The status value and status effect changes are being replaced by a new, extensible system. While the functionality stays the same (doing status value/effect changes), it futureproofs the system and also allows you to easily add custom things via scripting :)

@relenting_1
    Tested it and this works fine here. If Target Hit Only is disabled, the user changes are used in any case, when enabled it only is used when a hit occured (i.e. some target's hit chance checked out - if no hit chance is used it naturally is a hit as well).

I'll check out the tooltips.
  • edited October 2021
    Good thing I've largely avoided work on the inventory and combat then haha Looking forward to it!
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • Ability/Item Status Changes - Input wanted!

BETA 10 will change the status changes in abilities and items (use costs, user changes, target changes) to an extensible system. Currently this includes:
    - status value changes
    - status effect changes
    - using a chematic

You'll also be able to have different changes when the change was blocked (i.e. Blockable enabled). E.g. a blocked attack could do less damage, heal the target or provide a boosting status effect, etc.

What other kind of things would you want implemented here?