• @gamingislove
    Oh, neat. I wasn't aware those two components existed. They are pretty much what I was looking for. Although, I still have a problem with getting the changed state of currency. If you use Combatant Status -> Inventory -> Currency, all you can do is check if there is a certain amount in the players inventory. Alternatively, you can compare an int variable to a formula that retrieves the current currency amount of the player but the formula doesn't seem to function when I use it that way. Am I missing anything else?
  • @Dre788
    Hm, well, it's not really set up for reacting to changes, just for certain conditions.
    I'll look into a new machine to react to ORK changes like inventory, status, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    ORK 3 BETA 10 is here!

This update changes how status changes in abilities and items (i.e. use costs, user/target changes) are set up. You'll have to redo that setup. The functionality is nearly the same, but you can now set up separate changes for (optionally) blocked attacks, as well as use multiple schematics.
    The new system here is extensible and can easily be added to in the future (or with custom code).

Also, the movement component setup in move AIs is now done for combatants - default in the general settings (of combatants), each combatant can optionally override it.

Consumable status values can now optionally limit damage/refresh, e.g. limiting damage to 999 - using formulas you can make that variable, e.g. allowing more damage when the attacker has a certain status effect, ability or whatever else.

See all changes on the beta page.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    Description for Save Files appears to be showing in the Description Content now, thank you for the quick fix!

Edit: And thank you @Dre788, using your tips I've got a rough version of description with portraits for active party members with text mesh sprites and global variables.

@gamingislove While implementing the above, I noticed there is a setting for variables in Schematics for "Combatant Custom Content", is that various pieces of the combatant (level, etc.) and if so is there a list of those contents? I am using the Combatant Name value for the name to help prevent it being hardcoded, so I'd like to do the same with level but , level, and Level didn't seem to store anything so at the moment I'm just manually writing out the string value.

Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Acissathar
    Like the Combatant Name or Combatant Description, the Combatant Custom Content uses the content information you define in the combatant's settings, i.e. here it's the Custom Content you can add to the combatant.
  • edited October 2021
    Somehow totally missed that box, I think I need new glasses. Thank you once again.

Edit: @gamingislove The Quantity Selection shows "Horizontal change" for both Horizontal and Vertical. The actual functionality seems to work as expected, so just a display issue I believe.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • edited October 2021
    @gamingislove ,
    Are u going to be updating the ORK 2 complete game tutorials to ORK 3? I am having a hard time finding things referenced in ORK 2 over in ORK 3. The beta area helps but its slow going at least for me. The ORK 2 tuts are written much better than many others i have seen. Still, Guess i am just slower than most folks cause i am still a novice in many areas still. sigh.
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • @Acissathar
    Thanks for finding that :D

@RifleFire
    There'll be new and updated tutorials for ORK 3. Since some of the features are still in development and changing, I'll start working on tutorials once that's done.
  • @gamingislove Latest beta solved my UI Box errors problem.
    Now i'm continuing to recreate all my menus in Ork3, and i have another issue.
    I have a menu made from three parts: a top menu, a vertical scroll Ui Box on the left and a single UI Box with content description on the right.
    The prefabs are working nicely in editor, but when the actual prefabs are spawned by Ork/Makinom, the left scroll Box gets its rect transform modified.

Here's a picture:
    UIBox-Issue
    online photo
  • @Vlastan
    That might be an issue with your creatoin process - e.g. the canvas you create it on and the one it's displayed on being different can lead to the same setup of the rect transform (position, size, anchors, etc.) to place and size it differently.

While Makinom automatically creates a canvas based on your setup when creating new UI boxes via the context menu, editing the prefabs will use Unity's default canvas, which is most likely different. You can create a scene for editing prefabs and use it for this - it's set up in Edit > Preferences ... > Editor, select the scene as UI Environment.
  • edited October 2021
    @gamingislove Can't find it. Are you talking about something to be set up in Makinom/Ork, or in the Unity Preferences?

Besides, comparing the canvas i use for prefab editing and the one created by makinom i see they are the same. It's just that particular prefab that gets created with a different rect transform values.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited October 2021
    @Vlastan Hello, allow me to jump in! I just had this problem this morning.
    Notice i am creating my prefabs in the main menu scene; as such i am using the default canvas. its default size is 1980x1200, where my game is set to 1280x800, causing the UI box to jump far out of position. its handled in the Canvas Scaler Component, highlighted in the image. It is now set to the correct resolution, but you get the idea.

direct link: https://i.imgur.com/Xa1jY2Z.png

@gamingislove
    Hello, thank you for your framework! it has helped me immensly in aspects like organization. However it seems there is something i am fundamentally misunderstanding about the UI even after following the intial tutorials. Im coming from Ork 2, and this is my first project with makinom. In the above image, the ui is set up very particular. for some reason, i cannot get it to pass any combatant information. portrait is blank, text that wont display without a user, well it wont display. In the second image, i have a menu in mind similar to that of Suikoden. However the boxes are displayed blank during runtime, again with no combatant info everything turns off. If there is a simple mistake im making, that would be great. i know it might be something more esoteric for you to have to explain without the project in front of you. Ive attached two images. The new position of the formation box in the bottom left is an error i now know how to fix. but you can see that its not being passed any combat info; its just bars from a test value bar
    https://i.imgur.com/copsyTl.png
    https://i.imgur.com/y39oCfd.png

Post edited by Elseware on
  • @Vlastan
    It's in the Unity preferences, as I said above: Edit > Preferences... > Editor
    You can set up environment scenes for editing prefabs there, the UI environment should have the canvas set up as it's used in the game to have the correct setup.

@Elseware
    Yeah ... I'll probably need more details on your setup, but generally, this is for a combatant HUD, correct?
    I'd recommend to go through the simple player HUD tutorial to get you started on how everything works in ORK 3. Like in ORK 2, though, the HUD is naturally only displayed for the set up combatants, e.g. the player group, so make sure you also have a player combatant in your running game :)

A crucial thing to check: The individual HUD content components should reference the root's HUD component as their content provider. This usually is done automatically when adding a component (e.g. via context menu).
  • @gamingislove @Vlastan sorry for butting in, but the Editor option is in Edit > Project Settings

It's a good thing to know, I had the same problem
  • @gamingislove
    Thank you for pointing that out, it was so obvious it was going over my head. I guess i didn't right click the HUD when i made the contents so it wasn't passed the HUD as its content provider. Simply remaking the menu with that context in mind has resolved my issue :)