• @joeee19
    Should be fixed in the next update.
    For now, if you don't show shortcut lists/slots in your Combatant Object HUDs it should be fine.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove ok. thanks for the confirmation.
    Since what I want to do is originally very specific, I will quit using shortcut and try to create the UI with custom scripts.
  • edited November 2022
    I have updated ORK3 to the latest version, but somewhere in a recent version the following no longer works

combatant.Equipment.CanEquip(otherCombatant)

This is true even if it is an Equipment other than AvailableEquipment.

The following is a screenshot of the AvailableEquipment setting for otherCombatant.
    In the old version of ORK3, False was returned normally.

https://imgur.com/a/LrJDuYU

Maybe, but the Class setting has taken precedence, and since ReplaceDefault is not present in the Combatant's AvailableEquipment setting, it appears that none of the settings are having any effect.
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • CallFunction and CheckFunction nodes can no longer wait for Tasks.
    I use a major TaskPackage called UniTask as my Task solution.

In the previous ORK3, I was able to await Tasks with CheckFunction.
    However, with the new version, it would immediately move to the next node without being awaited, causing the project to generate a large number of bugs.

Could you please reinstate the wait option on the node?
  • edited November 2022
    Hello GiL,

Available Equipment Templates seem to not override on a Combatant's settings.

Tooltip for Available Equipment under combatant says a combatant can override Class / Default available equipment settings.

When I changed it to Template and selected a template, the combatant was showing All Equipment slots (default) in game.

When I went to Class and changed to Template, it properly limited the combatant to the slots in the template.

My understanding of the tooltip is that the template in the combatant setting should be higher priority than the class or default template.

Not a big issue since using Class is fine, or perhaps I am misunderstanding the tooltip.

Better summary:
    Class avail equip: Default + Combatant avail equip: Template = behavior Default
    I read tooltip to say Combatant should take precedence instead.

Thanks
    Post edited by GeneralK on
  • edited November 2022
    @joeee19
    There is no 'combatant.Equipment.CanEquip(otherCombatant)' function - though EquipShortcut instances have that function.
    I'll look into available equipment.

As for the Call Function and Check Function nodes, there where no changes here. Also, the nodes never waited for a function, they called it and immediately get a return value - support for tasks/await was never available.
    The nodes only have options to wait between calling the function on multiple game objects.

@GeneralK
    I'll check it out.
    Edit: Ah, yeah - that was actually changed a while back without adjusting the help text.
    Combatant and class equipment settings are now used in combination. E.g. a class change can add new equipment slots and equipment available to the combatant, while still using the combatant's own equipment slots and equipment.
    I'll add an option to not use class equipment, though. For now, if your class is set to None, it'll not add any additional equipment/slots.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2022
    @gamingislove
    EquipShortcut.CanEquip(Combatant combatant)
    Yes, that's right. I made a mistake in writing this.
    It seems that I had the same recognition as @GeneralK's Available Equipment Templates.
    When I set the Class of the relevant Combatant to None, it functioned correctly.
    We are waiting for the implementation of the option to have the Combatant setting override the Class's AvailableSlot (and not use the Class's AvailableSlot).

Sorry to hear about TaskSupport.
    Makinom's Node and very little flexibility is lost in communicating with C#Script.

And there is no way to find out from which Machine file a Function called by CallFunctionNode is referenced anymore.
    In the past, it was possible to search for a Machine by doing a string search from Windows Explorer against the folder where the Machine was saved.

However, with the current ORK3, there is no way to search.
    In my project, there are many CallFunction nodes, but I can no longer tell which Machine is calling which Function, so I am very troubled because I don't know where the bug will appear when I refactor a Function.
    Can you tell me how to search for them?
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • @joeee19
    That's due to using the Byte Array data format (setting can be found in Game
    > Game Settings
    ) - if you switch it to XML String you shoul be able to search the data string for nodes again.
  • edited November 2022
    @gamingislove Not entirely sure if this is a bug or the way Makinom does things, but it looks like changing music causes it to play out of 2 audio sources:

Just a single music player, and same thing can happen with just a Change Music node (which is how I ran into it).

The part that makes me think this is a bug is that the Is Music Playing schematic node will always return false even though you can hear and see the music was started in this channel.

Unity 2021.3.12 - URP - Most recent version of ORK/Makinom
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Acissathar
    Yes, each music player has 4 audio sources - it's a bit complex, but that's needed for fading between clips and looping within clips. So, playing music will have it on 2 audio sources, one playing and one waiting for it's loop to start.

The Is Music Player node seems to be a bug when not checking for a specific clip.
  • @gamingislove Ahhh okay interesting, that makes sense. I'll just hold off on my custom music player for now then, thanks for looking into it!
  • I seem to be getting this error when I attempt to display a description for item box items.
  • @Dre788
    Should be fixed in the next update.
  • edited November 2022
    The Allow Cancel option in Item Box doesn't seem to work. There doesn't seem to be a way to open/close Item Boxes with nodes. Also, can we get a Sort By option for Item Box?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • @Dre788
    Will be fixed in the next update and I'll look into the sorting option :)
    Item boxes can be opened using the Start Item Collector node.