• @indoflaven
    Thanks, I'll do some tests.

@Acissathar
    You need to use the Set Volume option (e.g. regular volume of 1) to make use of the audio volumes. If you play the sound without setting the volume, it'll not change the audio source's volume.
    Using sound type or playing a defined clip has no influence on that, both use the same functionality to play the sound :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    @gamingislove Sweet, appreciate the clarification! So is Set Volume based off of the global audio setting then? For example if my global is .5 and Set Volume is also .5, then it should be effectively playing at .25 volume and similarly if global is .5 but set volume is 1 then it's .5 overall?

Also is there a way to get this sound volume from the API? Thinking of implementing footsteps, but I'd like it to just grab that volume level to help keep things consistent.
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • edited May 2022
    Formula bug
    When using the Store Function result node in the schematic, if I set the parameter to
    Status Value> Used Value = Current Value
    and print it out, it don't seem to match the Status Value displayed in the Combatant Component (which, in my case, are modified by some equipment).
    The same problem remains if I change
    Status Value> Used Value = Display Value or Status Value> Used Value = Preview Value .

This becomes quite problematic especially when it comes to damage calculations since all weapons status values increase get ignored.
    Post edited by ChimpLogik on
  • edited May 2022
    @Acissathar
    Yes, the volume you set here will be scaled by the sound and global volumes. When using sound channels it's also adjusted by the channel volume.

You can get all volumes and other audio related things via Maki.Audio - e.g. Maki.Audio.SoundVolume gives you the sound volume (already adjusted by the global volume).
    You can also use the Sound Channel component to let an audio source's volume be managed by a sound channel.

@ChimpLogik
    Did a quick test, calling a function in a formula with a status value and printing the value in the formula - works fine here.
    Can you give me more details on the status value you're using?

@indoflaven
    Did a test with the same setup and that works fine on my end.
    Is there anything special about that enemy attack, maybe firing an additional action or something like that (e.g. via Use Battle Action node)?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did some more tests and I think the problem was on my part (I did not realize the status value I was testing already reached the maximum value allowed by the range).
    I'm really sorry about that :(
  • edited May 2022
    @gamingislove
    I think I figured out what was causing the problem. So I was calling the attack ability via script like this:

combatants = ORK.Game.Combatants.GetAll();
    combatants[0].Abilities.Get(ORK.Abilities.Get(turnAbilities[0])).Use(combatants[0], combatants, true);
    combatants[0].Battle.EndTurnCommand(true);
    I changed it to this and that seems to have solved the problem:

combatants = ORK.Game.Combatants.GetAll();
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Abilities.Get(ORK.Abilities.Get(turnAbilities[0])).Use(ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader, combatants, true);
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Battle.EndTurnCommand(true);
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why this fixed the problem since combatants[0] is just a reference to the Player combatant, but it seems to have done the trick.
    Post edited by indoflaven on
  • indoflaven said: To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why this fixed the problem since combatants[0] is just a reference to the Player combatant, but it seems to have done the trick.
    No, that could be any combatant. ORK.Game.Combatants holds references to all spawned combatants, the player isn't guaranteed to be the first one. ORK.Game.ActiveGroup holds the current player group combatants.
  • I recently upgraded to Unity 2021.3.3 and I noticed that when I click on my Shortcut UI, it looks like the UI is not blocking anymore the Raycast that control my player movement
    (I am working on a Point-Click game).
    I double checked and the UI blocking seems to be still set to
    Base/Control>ORK Control Settings>Player Control>Mouse/Touch Control> Pressed Ignore Cursor Over UI = false
  • @ChimpLogik
    Yeah, that's either a silent change in how Unity handles cursor enter/exit in UI and it's child objects or it's a bug since 2021.2.
    Next update will have a fix/workaround for this.
  • edited June 2022
    Timer node's auto end is bug?
    I am trying to have the timer automatically count down to end after 3 seconds and output a TimeEnd UnityConsole after the timer ends.
    However, when I test it, the timer ends after about 0.1 seconds.
    Is this a bug?
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • @joeee19
    The End Time setting in the Start Timer node defines the time at which the timer should stop. Change it to 0 to stop when the timer reaches 0.
  • It's hardly a problem worth mentioning, but in the component HUD Shortcut Slot Content, Slot Input Settings is expanded by default and conceals the State Changes options.
  • @Scyra
    Ah, yeah - seems to be hidden when not using Enable Dragging. Will be fixed in the next update.
  • Hovering over setting name in editor shows the tooltip.
    But hovering over collapsable setting group name does not shows tooltip (in info box indo do shows itself).
  • @TextusGames
    Ah yeah, foldouts in general don't show tooltips.
    I'll look into it.